Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 22-September 17 )

• Photo
    Matt

• Photo
    R9Ronaldo

• Photo
    MarkCol

• Photo
    whatever55

• Photo
    bostonpilgrims

• Photo
    Chris Clapham

• Photo
    Puggy

• Photo
    Mews2209

How chav are you?...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
51 replies to this topic

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Quote:
Slartibartfast said:
My ringtone is the sound of a phone ringing anything else would be as classy as a doorbell that plays beethovens fifth.

I know I'm getting old in that I wrote to Samsung UK to complain that my phone had a million different chav tones... but no actual 'ring'tone, ie. a simple ringing noise. There was one that started as a simple enough brrring-brrrring, but then descended into something with a hip-hop beat that frightened small children and smashed windows from long range.

offline Jimmy

Jimmy
  • First XI - Permanent
  • rank
And 85% freeloader.

offline mikefleet

mikefleet
  • First XI - Permanent
very funny again Jimmy. and it 63% if you mean it

offline Hempstead Gaz

Hempstead Gaz
22% Chav, 50% posh.
A Canvey freind of mine tried it, he got 90% chav but couldn't do the posh one 'cos he didn't know what posh meant!!!

offline chris blanc

chris blanc
  • First XI - Permanent
I got 70% on the geek test, nice.

offline chris blanc

chris blanc
  • First XI - Permanent
And 30% posh

offline chris blanc

chris blanc
  • First XI - Permanent
And 63% drunk lol

offline chilled out entertainer

chilled out entertainer
  • First XI - Permanent
so you are nothing but a 100% posh geek.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
people have no idea what a chav actually is. I see it as an upper class way of branding people that where tracksuits and hats. Its so stupid. A chav is a pikey who wears clothes that don't fit them that are well out of date and they live like a complete tramp. Burberry is not a chav brand, and neither is stone island. Enough said. It's a upper class word.

offline Harry J Allstars

Harry J Allstars
Quote:
Anonymous said:
people have no idea what a chav actually is. I see it as an upper class way of branding people that where tracksuits and hats. Its so stupid. A chav is a pikey who wears clothes that don't fit them that are well out of date and they live like a complete tramp. Burberry is not a chav brand, and neither is stone island. Enough said. It's a upper class word.

I wouldn't say no idea but people do have a problem defining them. Like I have said before for me they are people that basically haven't grown up, take no responability for their actions and have no respect for authority.

This behavour can also be assiociated with celebrities. They also don't care for very much, and yes while many of them give to charity on the whole they just don't care enough.

They use the media to peddle their careers and make as much money as the possibly can. You can't really blame them for that. So it is the medias fault we have "Chav's", and who buys the media? We do.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Quote:

Disagree, its a sad lower middle class word invented to make themwelves feel better and have someone to look down on.

offline Harry J Allstars

Harry J Allstars
Invented? The word is a Romany word for Child. I think that makes it 2000 years old? Although it's more modern conotations are a putdown so technically you are correct.

offline EUFC FAN

EUFC FAN
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Chav Test 1 = 27%
Posh = 30%
Drunkard = 10%
Geek = 35%

Hmmm!

offline EUFC superb

EUFC superb
  • First XI - Permanent
29% pretty good considering I listen to rock

offline Harry J Allstars

Harry J Allstars
Quote:
gnfc superb said:
29% pretty good considering I listen to rock

(Laughing) What? (More laughing) What has rock got to do with you being a Chav? (Still more laughing)

offline EUFC superb

EUFC superb
  • First XI - Permanent
Well in my school its something like listen to rock you're a grunger ; listen to rap you're normal I.E a chav; anything else means you're just weird

offline Harry J Allstars

Harry J Allstars
Quote:
gnfc superb said:
Well in my school its something like listen to rock you're a grunger ; listen to rap you're normal I.E a chav; anything else means you're just weird

Oh I see. This is what I thought but you were saying 29% is good, coupled with the fact that you listen to rock it is even better. Anyway perhaps we don't understand each other.

As for taking the test seriously......

offline Stu M

Stu M
Quote:
Anonymous said:
Disagree, its a sad lower middle class word invented to make themwelves feel better and have someone to look down on.

The word 'chav' in its current context may be a media fad, but pikeys/neds/townies - whatever you want to call them - aren't a middle class invention. They're all too real, and all too common.

offline Robbo

Robbo
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Quote:
gnfc superb said:

That's bull tbh. I reckon most of the music I'm in to would be classed 'chav' but not many people within the scene that I know are. It's just stereotyping basically.

offline jc

jc
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Ebbsfleet United
Quote:
gnfc superb said:normal I.E a chav

I have to say I find that state of affairs a bit worrying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus