Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How chav are you?...

Quote:
Slartibartfast said:
My ringtone is the sound of a phone ringing anything else would be as classy as a doorbell that plays beethovens fifth.

I know I'm getting old in that I wrote to Samsung UK to complain that my phone had a million different chav tones... but no actual 'ring'tone, ie. a simple ringing noise. There was one that started as a simple enough brrring-brrrring, but then descended into something with a hip-hop beat that frightened small children and smashed windows from long range.

people have no idea what a chav actually is. I see it as an upper class way of branding people that where tracksuits and hats. Its so stupid. A chav is a pikey who wears clothes that don't fit them that are well out of date and they live like a complete tramp. Burberry is not a chav brand, and neither is stone island. Enough said. It's a upper class word.

Quote:
Anonymous said:
people have no idea what a chav actually is. I see it as an upper class way of branding people that where tracksuits and hats. Its so stupid. A chav is a pikey who wears clothes that don't fit them that are well out of date and they live like a complete tramp. Burberry is not a chav brand, and neither is stone island. Enough said. It's a upper class word.

I wouldn't say no idea but people do have a problem defining them. Like I have said before for me they are people that basically haven't grown up, take no responability for their actions and have no respect for authority.

This behavour can also be assiociated with celebrities. They also don't care for very much, and yes while many of them give to charity on the whole they just don't care enough.

They use the media to peddle their careers and make as much money as the possibly can. You can't really blame them for that. So it is the medias fault we have "Chav's", and who buys the media? We do.

Quote:

Disagree, its a sad lower middle class word invented to make themwelves feel better and have someone to look down on.

Quote:
gnfc superb said:
Well in my school its something like listen to rock you're a grunger ; listen to rap you're normal I.E a chav; anything else means you're just weird

Oh I see. This is what I thought but you were saying 29% is good, coupled with the fact that you listen to rock it is even better. Anyway perhaps we don't understand each other.

As for taking the test seriously......

Quote:
Anonymous said:
Disagree, its a sad lower middle class word invented to make themwelves feel better and have someone to look down on.

The word 'chav' in its current context may be a media fad, but pikeys/neds/townies - whatever you want to call them - aren't a middle class invention. They're all too real, and all too common.

Quote:
gnfc superb said:
Well in my school its something like listen to rock you're a grunger ; listen to rap you're normal I.E a chav; anything else means you're just weird

That's bull tbh. I reckon most of the music I'm in to would be classed 'chav' but not many people within the scene that I know are. It's just stereotyping basically.