Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Khan versus Kindelan rematch

...and British silver-medallist.

***People moan when asians don't fly the Union flag, and when their families do, they get called pakistanis.

If he’s not a Pakistani then why when it showed footage of Amir and his friends driving through the streets of Bolton, did they have a Pakistani symbol hanging from the mirror in the car and not an English or British flag? Why does Mr Khan wear a green and white Pakistan mouth guard as opposed to a red and white English one? His friends showed their true colours last night when waiving a Pakistani flag in the crowd. When the national anthem was played hardly anyone knew the words (or were they expecting a different national anthem?).

Face facts you’ve been suckered pal, Amir Khan was on the verge of representing Pakistan in the Olympics until Britain stepped in. Let’s face it would Amir Khan be as much of a commercial success if he were representing Pakistan?

He’s as English as Abu Hamza.

I saw some of the match, it was mental!

I can't say I'm a big fan of boxing, I only usually watch the big matches - generally heavyweights, and I think I've been tarnished by that, the whole heavyweight scene seems to me to be as predetermined as the wrestling.

But I've been watching that Contender show on ITV2 and those guys have blown me away with the speed and ferocity of some of those fights and then I saw the Khan match and their punches were so fast their arms were like whirlwinds!

And, I just like shouting out Khan as loud as I can like Kirk in Star Trek 2

On a serious note, with most major bouts being on PPV and an abundance of governing bodies it’s hard to keep up with what’s going on in the squared circle. Too many belts and too many ‘so-called’ champions.

Khan looked in good shape, but in all fairness Kindelan didn’t seem to have the want to win and looked totally uninterested in the fourth and final round. Having built up his reputation in the amateur code I don’t know a great deal about Khan other than that he looked impressive in Athens and was out pointed by a better more experienced fighter in the final, maybe he didn’t have a lot of experience against opponents fighting southpaw but he seemed to overcome that last Saturday.

Be interesting to know where he goes from here though, he certainly has some talent but as we all know professional boxing is a different game to amateur as Audley Harrison will testify so only time will tell.