Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 22-September 18 )

• Photo
    Matt

• Photo
    R9Ronaldo

• Photo
    MarkCol

• Photo
    whatever55

• Photo
    bostonpilgrims

• Photo
    Chris Clapham

• Photo
    Puggy

• Photo
    Mews2209

Photo

Final Champions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
14 replies to this topic

offline carjam

carjam
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Everybody’s talking about Aldershot, yet I saw Gravesend play them of the park on there own ground. Aldershot have beaten nobody of any real consequence. Kingstonian are disappointing. Canvey are only playing for money and Chesham just are not a Conference type outfit. It has to be Gravesend (look at the improvements to the stadium) this year.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
shut up u tart! G and N are good for only one thing ... to battle it out with billericay for 6th place an give me the opertunity to go on a ferry

offline GazzaBTFC

GazzaBTFC
  • Youth Team Coach
Oooooooo, CANV.<P>I hope to see you choke on that sentiment at the end of the season.<P>Billericay haven't yet played up to their potential yet and when they do..... We'll be up there with you Scummers. images/icons/grin.gif" border="0

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
all i have to do now is work out what an opertunity is!!! images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0

offline ChrisA2002

ChrisA2002
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Not to sure about G&Northfleet. They have a good side, but I have seen better. It's true that they were better than Aldershot on the Bank Holiday, but I felt this was more due to a very poor performance by the Shots, who only seemed to try in the last 10 mins & that was almost enough to take at least a share of points. The goals G&N scored were more about non existant marking than anything else. <P>My top three tips<BR>1.Canvey Island<BR>2.Billericay<BR>3.Aldershot<P>with G&N and St Albans as outside bets.

offline GazzaBTFC

GazzaBTFC
  • Youth Team Coach
Wow, you put Billericay 2nd.<P>Woo hoo.<P>Sorry CANV for my spelling. Went out to the Crawdaddy2 Club at Crays Hill and saw the Roy Mette Band. What a night.... So I'm a bit "raw around the edges". Ya know the thing...good music, beers etc., etc., images/icons/grin.gif" border="0

offline GazzaBTFC

GazzaBTFC
  • Youth Team Coach
Sorry, should've posted what my top five will be <P>1 Aldershot<BR>2 Canvey Island<BR>3 Kingstonian<BR>4 Billericay<BR>5 St Albans images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
it was my own spelling i was concerned about gazza... mind you i typed that original message after a skinful, 1664 (real spanner juice almost as good as stella) so im surprised i spelt any of it right...<BR>1.C.I.F.C.<BR>2.SHOTS<BR>3.K's<BR>4.CHESHAM<BR>5.RICAY<BR>im not being biased favouring canvey i do sincerely believe they have the best team in this league..if the shots or riccay or anyone finish above canvey this season then they will be worthy champions<p>[ 14 September 2001: This message was edited by: CANV ]

offline Merv

Merv
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Bristol City
  • Foes: Chelmo Urghhhh....
Can't argue too much with the top two in that list, although I would like to see Canvey top, of course. What it does show (picking up a previous thread) is that there are a number of quality sides in the Ryman Premier and a signifcant number of them come from Essex!<P>Some teams do very well every year, but take a wobble somewhere along the line and miss out at the end of the season. Shots are famous for this. Canvey's wobble came at the end of last season with the ridiculous fixture pile-up.<P>Of course there are also the 'Flash in the Pan' teams. For years they do nothing but suddenly they string some good results together at the start of the season and everyone starts talking about them as champions.<P>In this list, there is a selection os such clubs.

offline GazzaBTFC

GazzaBTFC
  • Youth Team Coach
Wot Merv, like Canvey.<P>Do nothing for seasons and then in past couple, string a couple of good 'uns along and then start talking about Conference and Third Division. images/icons/grin.gif" border="0

offline carjam

carjam
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
It&#8217;s amazing how quickly the Essex fans appear. And naturally an insult at the start of the message. Aldershot are a major force who will one day return to where they belong. Gravesend have been a force on the non-league scene since the Second World War. Whereas Canvey are a penny farthing outfit who will end up back where they belong. When the money runs out or the chairman gets bored it&#8217;s back to the Essex Senior League for them. Gravesend will end up champions, then Aldershot then who cares. Billericiay (spelt that wrong) and Braintree are not and probably never will be Conference outfits. Chelmsford are the giants of Essex non-league...they have just had a bit of a bad time lately.

offline cangull

cangull
  • First XI - Sub
Carjam - Never mind we Essex supporters will have to suffer you!! images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0

offline GazzaBTFC

GazzaBTFC
  • Youth Team Coach
Carjam - go back to Kent and get a reality check... please.<P>The season is still young and we wouldn't wish for you to choke on your prediction, would we?<P>Ironmaiden - Can't understand who the **** you got top. Obviously, defend, defend, defend bore's the **** of the opposing team as well as the supporters!!!<P>And don't worry, Billericay ain't going up either 'cos certain players appear to be here in body but have gone somewhere warm and sunny in spirit (why does Calder insist on picking Lee Williams?). images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0

offline Cressing Toad

Cressing Toad
  • Reserves
Gazza<P>I can see you got a quite a chip on those narrow shoulders, our record (BTFC) shows 7 wins two losses no draws this season. You've only drawn one match and i note your games have totalled 24 goals ours 22. Rather similar records if draws and goals are any indication. We went up with our goals for record well over 100, how did you go? I can see we're going to have fun with you on this forum. images/icons/wink.gif" border="0

offline GazzaBTFC

GazzaBTFC
  • Youth Team Coach
To be perfectly honest I'm tired and naffed off so someone's got to cop it.<P>Really, if I was true to my lovable self, good luck to you (oooooo, that sticks in my throat). I still think that Aldershot will win it but this season, I hope there isn't a run away winner. Keep the interest going with Aldershot, Canvey, Gravesend, Billericay, Purfleet and Braintree all within 3 to six points of each other and I'll be happy.<P>A nice tight finish<P>What I don't like is the "We are top of the league" army. It is too early in the season for that. <P>Now, back to my bad tempered Monday feeling...<P>Chesham are cheats!!! images/icons/frown.gif" border="0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus