Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Final Champions

Everybody’s talking about Aldershot, yet I saw Gravesend play them of the park on there own ground. Aldershot have beaten nobody of any real consequence. Kingstonian are disappointing. Canvey are only playing for money and Chesham just are not a Conference type outfit. It has to be Gravesend (look at the improvements to the stadium) this year.

Not to sure about G&Northfleet. They have a good side, but I have seen better. It's true that they were better than Aldershot on the Bank Holiday, but I felt this was more due to a very poor performance by the Shots, who only seemed to try in the last 10 mins & that was almost enough to take at least a share of points. The goals G&N scored were more about non existant marking than anything else. <P>My top three tips<BR>1.Canvey Island<BR>2.Billericay<BR>3.Aldershot<P>with G&N and St Albans as outside bets.

it was my own spelling i was concerned about gazza... mind you i typed that original message after a skinful, 1664 (real spanner juice almost as good as stella) so im surprised i spelt any of it right...<BR>1.C.I.F.C.<BR>2.SHOTS<BR>3.K's<BR>4.CHESHAM<BR>5.RICAY<BR>im not being biased favouring canvey i do sincerely believe they have the best team in this league..if the shots or riccay or anyone finish above canvey this season then they will be worthy champions<p>[ 14 September 2001: This message was edited by: CANV ]

Can't argue too much with the top two in that list, although I would like to see Canvey top, of course. What it does show (picking up a previous thread) is that there are a number of quality sides in the Ryman Premier and a signifcant number of them come from Essex!<P>Some teams do very well every year, but take a wobble somewhere along the line and miss out at the end of the season. Shots are famous for this. Canvey's wobble came at the end of last season with the ridiculous fixture pile-up.<P>Of course there are also the 'Flash in the Pan' teams. For years they do nothing but suddenly they string some good results together at the start of the season and everyone starts talking about them as champions.<P>In this list, there is a selection os such clubs.

It’s amazing how quickly the Essex fans appear. And naturally an insult at the start of the message. Aldershot are a major force who will one day return to where they belong. Gravesend have been a force on the non-league scene since the Second World War. Whereas Canvey are a penny farthing outfit who will end up back where they belong. When the money runs out or the chairman gets bored it’s back to the Essex Senior League for them. Gravesend will end up champions, then Aldershot then who cares. Billericiay (spelt that wrong) and Braintree are not and probably never will be Conference outfits. Chelmsford are the giants of Essex non-league...they have just had a bit of a bad time lately.

Carjam - go back to Kent and get a reality check... please.<P>The season is still young and we wouldn't wish for you to choke on your prediction, would we?<P>Ironmaiden - Can't understand who the **** you got top. Obviously, defend, defend, defend bore's the **** of the opposing team as well as the supporters!!!<P>And don't worry, Billericay ain't going up either 'cos certain players appear to be here in body but have gone somewhere warm and sunny in spirit (why does Calder insist on picking Lee Williams?). shocked.gif" border="0

Gazza<P>I can see you got a quite a chip on those narrow shoulders, our record (BTFC) shows 7 wins two losses no draws this season. You've only drawn one match and i note your games have totalled 24 goals ours 22. Rather similar records if draws and goals are any indication. We went up with our goals for record well over 100, how did you go? I can see we're going to have fun with you on this forum. wink.gif" border="0

To be perfectly honest I'm tired and naffed off so someone's got to cop it.<P>Really, if I was true to my lovable self, good luck to you (oooooo, that sticks in my throat). I still think that Aldershot will win it but this season, I hope there isn't a run away winner. Keep the interest going with Aldershot, Canvey, Gravesend, Billericay, Purfleet and Braintree all within 3 to six points of each other and I'll be happy.<P>A nice tight finish<P>What I don't like is the "We are top of the league" army. It is too early in the season for that. <P>Now, back to my bad tempered Monday feeling...<P>Chesham are cheats!!! frown.gif" border="0