Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bluewater ban.....

Quote:
David Holden said:
Quote:
that's a little stupid. I have a hoody but not the sort a chav or pikey would wear, and I don't ever put the hood up.

Then you don't have a problem do you.

I really cannot see how any sensible person can object to this, you are in a dry temperature controlled enviorement, what possible need is there to be wearing a hood?

I like the fact that they wanna ban the chavs and pikeys but the whole clothes thing just seemed like a bit of a generalisation to me. I don't really think it is going to work anyway.

About time too. I occasionally wear a cap too football to keep the sun out my eyes or a hood if it’s raining – wouldn’t be seen dead in a hooded tracksuit top under any circumstances.

Nothing more pathetic that seeing large groups of teenage joeys wandering around in 80 degrees wearing full tracksuits, baseball caps and hoods pulled up.

It’s not like they have the money to spend on clothes at bluewater anyway, so does it really matter if they’re banned? I’m just glad that these places have had the foresight to take the step and ban people who are likely to cause offence to others.

Why would anyone who isn’t a chav want to dress like them anyway?

Its not general hoody's or wearing baseball caps they're on about, it's the two put together with the hood up I think. I think it is a great move, but cannot see how they will enforce it totally. I think that generally they are trying to get rid of the chav gangs that hang around on a Friday night. I can hear them now though 'errrr, it's a free country bruv' or 'I know my rights boi'. Maybe they should employ the same rule in Swanscombe, they would have a field day. Hmmmm...what to do on a Friday/Saturday night... I know I will go stand around a shop corner trying to get some cider/lambrini for the girls.

From BBC News website…

“… Wearing clothing which deliberately obscures the face such as hooded tops and baseball caps, will not be allowed

In that case what stance will Bluewater take on people clad in this interesting ensemble…

ridley200.jpg

…and before any of you pipe up about racism, it wouldn't be the first time that thieves have hidden behind a burka to conceal their anonymity.

Burka-clad gang in jewellery raid

I don’t think the ban has been introduced to ban specifically chavs or people who other people may find intimidating. If a chav were to arrive minus the obligatory hooded-top or baseball cap then it’s more than likely that he wouldn’t be turned away.

The only reason that somebody could be refused entry would be on the grounds that there face wouldn’t be easily identifiable to CCTV.

You can’t ban anybody because someone may find them intimidating.

The school where I work bans our pupils from wearing hoodies & baseball caps because gangs of little gits were steaming into shops, running riot, nicking everything in sight & running out again. We expect our kids to be instantly recognizable on their journey to & from school. Of course doesn't stop them doing it later on in the day, but just pointing out the ban is not unusual.

I've heard radio stations advertising discos & concerts, stipulating no hoodies or peaked caps. The thing with caps, FF USA is that they are worn because they stop cctv cameras picking up the features of the wearer very accurately. A hood over the top makes it impossible.

Graham S

I was walking my dog last year, in Walderslade when I was confronted and verbally threatened by 3 hooded chavs aged about 15.

One aimed a kick at my dog (a small westie)then me, which I considered an assault. I gave the lad in question one loud shouted verbal warning to stop, then put him in a straight arm-bar take take down followed by a ground pin. He started to cry sorry, as his brave chums were legging it.

I never had any trouble from them again, despite seeing them regularly.

The moral: confront bullies. They are really cowards and do not like the tables turned on them.

Also, under 16s now have to be accompanied by an adult on Fridays. Hopefully this won't affect me because I look older than I am, but again, although it's a great idea to get out all the troublemakers, it still means everyone under that age has to abide by this and that's slightly unfair..

No Hannah I'm afraid it isn't unfair. People under the age of sixteen don't have the money that the adults will have, if adults are being kept away due to large gangs of teenagers then Bluewaters business would suffer.

Okay it's maybe not (or maybe it is) noticable but in the retail biz you have to eliminate any possibility of a loss. Therefore Bluewater has to take action.

You may see this as unfair but it is also unfair that I have to change my route on the way home because of a fear of being mugged.