Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 24-September 17 )

• Photo
    Charles Windsor

• Photo
    fred_the_red

• Photo
    Thefan

• Photo
    LadyDi

• Photo
    FarleighArmy

Photo

So what do we do about Britains hate culture?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
32 replies to this topic

offline chilled out entertainer

chilled out entertainer
  • First XI - Permanent
it certainly does, i still doubt you wrote it yourself, if you did then eerrrmm.... mmmmm...nice. if you didn't, why ay you did?

offline Harry J Allstars

Harry J Allstars
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Well then lets just agree to disagree. You say I didn't write it, I say I did. It doesn't matter either way so lets leave it alone. As for having a similar plot to Football Factory, so? The Football Factory has a similar plot to Headhunters, Star Wars is Lord of the Rings in space but I never heard anyone complain.

It only has a similar plot to Football Factory becuase the guys a Chelsea fan and a hooligan, the two stories follow different paths, in The Football Factory they never actually looked at why hooligans do what they do.

chilled out entertainer
  • First XI - Permanent
Quote:
Harry J Allstars said:
The Football Factory has a similar plot to Headhunters,,
written by the same guy, headhunters is the follow up. king also wrote england away, with someof the same characters.

offline Harry J Allstars

Harry J Allstars
Sorry COE, I thought it might have been but couldn't be bothered to go on amazon and find out. I also haven't read Headhunters, I just thought I'd point that bit out. Anyway he isn't the only footy hooligan writter on the planet, there have been others and they all basically follow the same plot guys kicking lumps out of each other for no apparent reason.

chilled out entertainer
  • First XI - Permanent
for the buzz because they are in loveless marriages/benders/or have really shitty 9-5 jobs. the only bit of excitement they have is at the weekend with other equally sad unhappy fellas.

offline Fleet Loyal

Fleet Loyal
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
  • rank
Quote:
Harry J Allstars said:
in The Football Factory they never actually looked at why hooligans do what they do.

You’re having a laugh surely? The whole purpose of the film was to examine relationships between people and why the characters depicted chose to partake in violence. It wasn’t just a group of lads bowling round in Stone Island and Lacoste kicking [****!!****] out of each other. From what I could make of it the film centred around four sets of mates, teenagers, late twenties, forties and pensioners their relationships with each other and what drove them to do what they did.

I’m no psychologist so I can’t really comment on what makes these people tick but CoE briefly touched on it (although I’ve yet to meet a homosexual football thug!).

offline Harry J Allstars

Harry J Allstars
Yeah but it didn't look into the back ground of why, did it. I saw the film about six months ago and will watch it again soon to make sure I'm correct but nothing came out of it that made you think oh so thats why they do it. Okay so the quote isn't exactly correct but my story is more of a why then a how.

It must be me but I never totally conected with the film, which is wierd because my dad always said football brings the hooligan out in me and I know had I been born thirty years earlier then I would have been a football hooligan. Even with all that I still didn't come out of that movie think wow me and those people are on the same level, we go through things similarly, I just thought, you just don't feel sorry for them. Okay so you don't feel sorry for Dave Nickleson either but it looks deeper into the mind than the Football Factory does.

offline Fleet Loyal

Fleet Loyal
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
  • rank
why do you think they do it?

chilled out entertainer
  • First XI - Permanent
I think they do it because they enjoy the buzz of kicking [****!!****] out of people. We are an island nation, it's in our blood to fight. Siding yourselff with a football team is a partime way of doing this in many peoples eyes.

chilled out entertainer
  • First XI - Permanent
The film was rubbish compared to the book anyway.

offline Fleet Loyal

Fleet Loyal
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
  • rank
Quote:
chilled out entertainer said:
The film was rubbish compared to the book anyway.

agree. Would have been interested to see who they cast for the part of 'Facelift'.

chilled out entertainer
  • First XI - Permanent
or in headhunters, the end scene with the boy getting done on his way home, that would have looked good in the cinema.
as for facelift, its a tough call. Who would fit the role? winstone? statham? cant think off of the top of my head.

offline Fleet Loyal

Fleet Loyal
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
  • rank
Statham is probably too young - facelift would be slightly older.

Facelift is also based on a real person - as are quite a few 'characters' in these books.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus