Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Martin Carthy signing for Canvey

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
11 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Is it true or an ugly rumour and is Gary hooper comeing as well.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Carthy is a good player. Scores plenty of goals from midfield but was not really a regular at Grays last season and ended up on loan at Welling. Don't think he is what we are looking for to be honest.

I doubt Grays would let Hooper go. He is only 17 and a real prospect for the future. If we did get him it would be quite a coup.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I do not know but a bloke where I work reckons he is in the know and he said there is a swap going down, one of ours and some cash for them two and the real target is Hooper.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
I wonder which one of our players is going!!!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I have it on good authority that Canvey rejected the deal as they didn't want to sign a player who wore a Syrup !!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I have it on good authority its BOYLAN

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
Here we go again!!!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
The reason that cant be true amongst other things is it would take Carthy Hooper and a shed load of cash to get Boylan.

Not the other way round seriously though my source said he thought it was Mario. wich again does not ring true.

offline A Non E Mouse

A Non E Mouse
  • First XI - Sub
Out of curiousity "why doesn't it ring true" MOB?

I like Mario as a player and I think he has potential - however, the management last season decided not to play him or sub him on occassions, so perhaps their expectations of him are less - so a potential swap could happen......

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I think we are building and Mario will be part of that,I think Carthy has hopes of coaching and we are looking to lower the age of our squad while keeping a bit of experience.

Strong fit and young players with a bit of brains around them supported by a bit of metal. I think thats why we want Hooper. I think that is why Ollie stays as well.

(I have no evidence for this its purely my thoughts based on a little gossip)

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
It was an ugly rumour, its a shame and a sham that the Echo has to steal its stories from this site.

Ian

Maybe you should charge them, I am the only person who new where this story came from and yet hey ho, the Echo are writing about it.

There is no way they could have known, cos amongst other things, as I said the target was Hooper.

If anyone wants to know the source I will tell you shortly, but I have been told, by a nosey git who has absolutly no connection to the club we are about to make someone an offer they cannot refuse.

It will probably be in Mondays Echo, especially if they watch this site.

offline Gareth_Keenan

Gareth_Keenan
  • Trainee
There is no chance that Gary Hooper will sign for Canvey, there's no value in it at all for him. If he does decide to move it'll be to a league club. He's got the potential to be a very good player and he can play wide right or up front. I can maybe see him staying at Grays for another few years yet, as he's only 17 and has 2 years left on his contract, after that who knows....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus