Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Martin Carthy signing for Canvey

Carthy is a good player. Scores plenty of goals from midfield but was not really a regular at Grays last season and ended up on loan at Welling. Don't think he is what we are looking for to be honest.

I doubt Grays would let Hooper go. He is only 17 and a real prospect for the future. If we did get him it would be quite a coup.

I do not know but a bloke where I work reckons he is in the know and he said there is a swap going down, one of ours and some cash for them two and the real target is Hooper.

I wonder which one of our players is going!!!

Here we go again!!!

The reason that cant be true amongst other things is it would take Carthy Hooper and a shed load of cash to get Boylan.

Not the other way round seriously though my source said he thought it was Mario. wich again does not ring true.

I think we are building and Mario will be part of that,I think Carthy has hopes of coaching and we are looking to lower the age of our squad while keeping a bit of experience.

Strong fit and young players with a bit of brains around them supported by a bit of metal. I think thats why we want Hooper. I think that is why Ollie stays as well.

(I have no evidence for this its purely my thoughts based on a little gossip)

It was an ugly rumour, its a shame and a sham that the Echo has to steal its stories from this site.

Ian

Maybe you should charge them, I am the only person who new where this story came from and yet hey ho, the Echo are writing about it.

There is no way they could have known, cos amongst other things, as I said the target was Hooper.

If anyone wants to know the source I will tell you shortly, but I have been told, by a nosey git who has absolutly no connection to the club we are about to make someone an offer they cannot refuse.

It will probably be in Mondays Echo, especially if they watch this site.

There is no chance that Gary Hooper will sign for Canvey, there's no value in it at all for him. If he does decide to move it'll be to a league club. He's got the potential to be a very good player and he can play wide right or up front. I can maybe see him staying at Grays for another few years yet, as he's only 17 and has 2 years left on his contract, after that who knows....