Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Berquez Leaves For Stevenage!

Strange to say the least... "After agreeing a new contract Ollie Berquez has now decided to leave and is joining Stevenage Borough", has the offical site omited the words "failing to" or did Ollie change his mind? Do we get a fee or was his contract up?

Does seem a little strange and I'm sure that someone may hear some gossip sooner or later. Bit unexpected to be honest - but will certainly give us the opportunity to strengthen the squad which is going to look a whole lot different next year at this rate.......

Perhaps after Stevenage got to the play offs his ambition took over and he felt that he needed to play at a full time club that conceeded 6 points to the Gulls - hey, whatever floats your boat.

Good luck to him. He did put in a lot of effort, but I agree with The Great Eckscape - lost a bit of respect after that tackle and felt he was too confrontational at times.

There was a previous post regarding Ollie and whether he was good enough - well the arguement is sorted. We need to find someone and there must be someone out there who is as good if not better.

This is a little worrying, Ollie is close to a couple of players, but not popular with them all.

I hope he does not try to pull anybody with him,I think some of the players work for him in his soccer school.

It always seemed strange to me that a player who couldn't command a place in the Ryman League was a regular when we got to the Conference.

I thought he was a committed player who always gave it everything he had. If his skill level could only have matched his enthusiasm he would have been an exceptional player.

Im a bit gutted that he has gone as he was very commited player and scored 13 goals from midfield last season which is good going but he really needs to sort out his temprememt as he got sent off to many times. excellent player when on top of his game but there are definatly better attacking midfielders out there

Hopefully ollie going will free up some space for 1 or 2 quality signings

Absolutely gutted about this and it's made worse that he has joined that bunch of cheating scumbags!!!

Good luck to him. I thought he was a quality player but this has left a sour taste in the mouth.

Adam Miller all over again.

Sorry just don't like Stevenage. The whole thing with Westley, Dannie Bulman injuring Lee and two players getting sent off at our place. They are not a pleasant side and I had to admit I enjoyed it immensely when we did the double over them. Could be worse though, he could have joined Grays!!!

judas !!! but are we really that bothered he was very short fused a few times this year which could have cost us like it did our reseves. and im sure this only mean one thing that we are getting better players in !