Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Greggors Signs On For Another Year...

.. Quite suprised about this in all honesty, think he's proved he's not going to be a goalscorer and is even out of his depth when it comes to assists in this league. Oh well, lets just see what happens... Maybe it'll be good luck as he signed the contract on my birthday.. Lets just hope!

Post your views here!

Greggors' experience is inavailable. I doubt he will be a first team regular but he'll be useful to have around the club and help some of the younger players along.

Greggors is a good player to have around, he won't play every game but we need him and he works well with Lee. However we still need to sign another striker or two as we seem to be a bit short up front at the moment...

Good to see Greggors has agreed to stay on for a further period, not as fit as he was, but he has a lot of experience at a higher level, has an eye for goal-- as someone else said works well with Boylan too. Also with Mr Berquez doing a disappearing act on us,Greggors may be called upon more often than we think -- but this will depend on if, and when Jeff can get another striker in.

Very suprised - thought I read somewhere that he was going to be judged on match fitness etc. before the season starts.

I don't feel IMHO that Greggors is a must for the starting line up at this level anymore.

However, his experience is invaluable and I assume his team spirit is first class. We need a couple of strikers now, but I can see Greggors fitting a possible substitute striker role if we run into injuries or need other options. Alternatively Jeff may be covering his [****!!****] in case he struggles to sign a replacement or two.

We have three Strikers at the moment, (Boylan, Gregory & Hallett). I feel a younger, fitter Gregory model is a must. But in failure to find one I suspect that Gregory and Hallett will be rotated depending on the opposition giving Hallett some much deserved Conference experience. Certainly more oppertunities than last season.

we have to sign at least one new striker but i think gregory is a good player to have. fair enough he isnt the greates goal scorer but i would like to see him sit behind two strikers feeding the ball to them.

Agree Matt - we have three strikers at the moment but........

only Lee has the quality and skill that is required at this level week in week out - at the moment.

Greggors is a good player but I don't think he is going to be banging the ball in the back of the net every Saturday.

Jason had a couple of games but is still developing and needs a bit more time. Like Greggors a good option for covering injuries and changing formation - but not a starter in my book.

If we started the season with just those three then personally I would be a little worried particularly now Ollie has gone.

Still feel we need at least one, if not two, new striking options at the club.

Good point Matt about giving Hallett a "chance" to gain more experience. Would you play someone at this level with little previous league experience or is it to much of a gamble, so do you buy expereince in?

I personally feel that unless any more Strikers we bring in have a proven track record in the Conference, or one of the best in Conference North/South (e.g. Dagenham signing Kandol from Thurrock) then I would have Hallett on the bench for probably 90% of this coming season.

Not only for tactical options of being able to play three up front if a situation requires it. But giving him the last 20-30 minutes of a game of Conference football can only be beneficial for him surely?

It's only natural that when selecting the five substitutes you cover every position, (Goalkeeper, Defender, Defensive Midfielder, Attacking Midfielder/Winger and a Striker).

Yes he has a proven record in the Reserves but what are those teams the equivilant of? Essex Senior? Ryman 1? They certainly aren't Aldershot or Hereford.

As for taking a gamble, chances are I probably wouldn't start him in a Conference game unless the formation required it. But certainly perhaps the opening rounds of the FA Trophy and FA Cup if we draw smaller teams and dare I say even the Conference Cup and we could progress from there.

Hallett is one for the future as I'm sure many of our current Reserves are. Breaking them in is the only way for them to adapt to first team life and quite rightly it is a gamble. Premiership teams do it all the time with the YTS/Reserve games and gradual progress and evaluation is carried on from there.

And if we don't think he's ready for the Conference challenge this season, send him out on loan to get that experience!

It is always a gamble, but I suppose that's the thrill of the sport.

We cannot start the season only with Jason Greggors & Lee. It would be unthinkable.

Imagine: Lee takes a knock and is out for three weeks can you really see Greggors playing 90 minutes full pace games.

It is not gonna happen!!!

Do you all forget how bad Greggors was at times last year, he could not get a game in front of Junior yet we let Junior go.

I am waiting for the announcement about our new partner for Lee, I think we re signed Greggors because he is prepared to sit on the bench and play 10 - 15 minutes here and there, Junior wanted to play full games. Dont get me wrong Greeggors does a job for us and at times has been important but lets be honest he just is not good enough.

Agree MOB.

I would also imagine that his confidence has taken a bit of a knock last season. He missed a fair few chances that he would normally bury. The fitness level, work rate and gorillas climbing all over you every game at a higher level perhaps came as a shock after playing at Ryman level as well.

Perhaps Greggors was having the football players version of a mid life crisis.

We definitely need a striker or two. Someone who can play up front alongside Lee and maybe someone who can replace Ollie in the attacking midfield role and if needs be can be pushed up front if we have a few injuries.

I would be a bit worried if we started the season with just Lee, Greggors and Jason.