Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 24-November 17 )

• Photo
    ASF

• Photo
    Red Neck

• Photo
    cityman

• Photo
    Fleet boys

• Photo
    Windsor Castle's Moat

Photo

Enfield Town's favourite boxer

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
No replies to this topic

offline Southport - TOWNER

Southport - TOWNER
  • National Squad - 1st XI
  • Supports: TOWNERS
  • Facebook
news on peter haymer

By Clive Bernath: Home town favourite Tony Oakey has pulled of his English light-heavyweight challenge with champion Peter Haymer less than 15 hours before they were due to clash at the Mountbatten Centre in Portsmouth.

According to Haymer's trainer Chris Hall, Haymer was just about to pack his bag when he got the call from promoter Frank Maloney to say Oakey had pulled out after experiencing stomach cramp and sickness.

" To say Peter is gutted would an understatement, "said Hall. "Frank called me this morning to tell me the fight was off and that Tony was suffering from stomach cramps and had been sick.

" He (Peter) was just packing his bag when I called at 11am this morning to say the fights off. As soon as I mentioned it Peter said, 'Bloody hell I sensed at the weigh-in that he did not fancy the job. I just had a feeling that he did not want it.'

Hall is all the more disappointed the fight has fallen through at the last moment because he believes Haymer is now in the best former of his 14-12-1-(3) career.

"You know, Peter was really on song for this fight," continued Hall. "After beating Spartacus (Steve), Brookes (Mark) and Walls (Ryan) he was thirty percent fitter. I have no doubt he would have beaten Oakey as well."

It is not known if the fight will be rescheduled at this time.

May 27, 2005.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus