Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Smoking ban at Park lane?

I see that Southend United have introduced a smoking ban at Roots Hall for next season. I hope Canvey do the samething.

I know we have terraces compared to all Seats at Southend but I think a no smoking ban would be sensible. I know if someone smokes near me on the terraces I can move away but why should I have to move. Plus more imporantly a lot of kids are having to inhale the smoke a well.

I have stopped going into the Bar now as it was so disgusting with all the smoke there and I felt I needed a gas mask to go in there.

Come on Canvey have the guts to bring in a smoking ban.

bollox.. for a lot of people football is about a few (ahem) pints a couple of fags and a chat in a smokey dingy clubhouse.. that terrace is more windswept than the deck of an aircraft carrier in the falklands , most fags burn out 3 seconds after they are lit anyway ..

i rarely smoke these days but do enjoy a fag at football..

whats next? no swearing? no drunk people? no burgers..

its football, a good excuse to get a few pints on , have a tab and shout pointless abuse at oppo players..

next people will be telling me they go to games to actually watch football!!??!, [****!!****] to that! its the whole thing , enviroment atmosphere beer fags and pies .. if you dont want smoke watch footy on tv at home..

i find the fumes from cars in the car park very offensive.. and kids being smaller have to breathe more of that muck in.. BAN all cars i say!!! and those diesel buses.. if people cant walk to the ground then tough crap.. i could move away from the car park end but why should i?

As a reformed smoker of about 6 months I am very anti smoking, however I would not begrudge a fellah a fag at a football match.

There is a limit to this PC nonsense, thats why we go nonleague instead of Premiership, a bit of spit and sawdust and all that.

I'm a non smoker and at times the clubhouse can get so smokey I have to leave. However, everyone knows the deal before they go in the clubhouse. Saying that, cigarettes I can put up with, but Cigars are f**king disgusting!! (Sorry pabird!)

I'm a staunch anti smoker but it doesn't really bother me at football matches. You are not in as much of a confined place as say a restaurant or an office and if you don't like it, you should move.

Smoking. Whinge whinge whinge.

If everybody gave up smoking, you'd be paying an extra 10p in the pound in income tax to make up the shortfall - so be thankful to the smokers, instead of trying to victimise them for their dirty habit.

I'm attempting to give up myself & have vowed to succeed by the time the new season kicks off.

For anyone that can remember I asked for a smoking ban at Gravesend, on our forum last year. I was a new fan dealing with coming down from the heights of the Premier League with Chelsea's non smoking stadium.

I have since change my oppinion, like FF says if smoking was totally out law'd you'd be paying more taxes so you may as well put up with it. If smoking bothers you that much move away.