Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-October 17 )

• Photo
    Springer

• Photo
    DAMO

Photo

fixtures

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
12 replies to this topic

offline englandfan

englandfan
  • Trainee
nothing that interesting been on here recently so come on lets have some views of who we want first game of season! ... home or away! ... and why you want that particular team?
last year it was Carlisle and only about 90 plus made the trip so maybe this season someone a lot closer, ... my choice would be Crawley, not far down the road and perhaps we could get 300 or so there and make it a bloody good day, few beers, ... sorry a lot of beers and bang this new drum for the whole game, go thru' all the usual chants and songs and get home with 3 points at a reasonable hour to have a few more hopefully celebratory beers.
Come on, ... lets here your preferences.

offline canveyfan no1

canveyfan no1
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
yeah i agree crawley away first game would be good. or maybe a home game, not sure who against though.

offline englandfan

englandfan
  • Trainee
if we have a home game first, yeah thats ok as probably a pretty good crowd whoever we play but that means our first away game will then be on the tuesday and that automatically knocks great numbers of our travelling support. ... much prefer to get an away trip first.

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
I predicted on Confguide that we'd be at home to Southport, so I'm gonna stick with that.

offline canveyfan no1

canveyfan no1
yeah i agree but just hope its not a long one, even though i did enjoy exeter last yr.

offline englandfan

englandfan
  • Trainee
Matt, just hope when the away Southport fixture comes up its early in season, hence some warm weather! ... makes for a good weekend away, ... and yet again a few more beers.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Prefer if we were away on the opening day of the season. If we're away on the Tuesday to someone like Southport or Burton there is no chance of me being able to make the game.

Wouldn't mind Cambridge away opening game.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
I think tuesday fixtures are normally the shorter distance games, it`s only when the fixtures pile-up you end up going to Manchester midweek.

I don`t care who we get but i`d prefer to be at home.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
cambridge away.

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
I agree, Cambridge away would be a great first game, especially if we could pinch a point or three

offline A Non E Mouse

A Non E Mouse
  • First XI - Sub
Exeter Away - lovely part of the country and great hearing their fans moan about how lucky we were after beating them.

Scarborough or York is a good day out as well.

Home game - not fussed as long as we do well to draw the crowds again the following week. Cambridge at home may be a good start, as I don't think they will be that good, its not as far as some and should draw some of their supporters down as it's their first game.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
they would bring a few.. and the delights of our away end will remind them just how far they have fallen.. that along with losing to the pub team 3 nil ;-)

offline South Mouth

South Mouth
I'm gonna go for a home game against Halifax! Lets get em to ours in the blistering heat and watch it all kick off! Great start to the season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus