Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Smaller Squad

ronin

It says in the article that there are one or two on the horizon.

Now, I think if we're going to have a smaller squad we could probably take full advantage of the new Conference loan quota and bring in a couple of season long loan signings. Or even just a player or two until the January window etc.

Isn't it a bit naive to suggest that we wont hit a injury patch like last season.

With a part time squad, it is more likely to happen because of the lack of fitness. Plus, with a smaller squad, this makes it harder to cope with if such a situation arises.

Jeff says he couldn't believe it last season and says it in a way that it was just a freak occurance. Well, what if it wasn't and this IS down to lack of fitness being part-time? A smaller squad might mean a more balanced team but only if injuries are prevented.

I'm no expert, but I think Jeff is a bit naieve if he thinks that Conference thugs are going to go in any lighter on our players next season. A lot of clubs had spells with injury crisis, but had quality in depth to ride the storms.

Think we had a lot of players in reserve, but a lot of them were not capable of playing at this level. I don't feel he can blame picking a different squad every week on injuries either.

A smaller squad isn't a bad thing as long as the players he invests in are very good.

I've read in a few places that the amount you can spend on a squad in the Conf. Nat. is relative to the amount of revenue you have as a club. If this is correct, perhaps this is why we have a smaller squad. Think it was on Confguide and they were saying how this may effect Grays and their spending for such a small club.

Would rather see Jeff spend good money on a small quality squad than have a larger inexperienced squad that doesn't make any impact at all.

I reckon he may sign two players before the pre season friendlies and then use these games to try out numerous trialists.

A small squad is not such a bad thing. I'm not one for chopping and changing. You need a bit of continality and to give players a chance to prove themselves.