Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Oh my God a signing at last

Just asked the same queston on the G&N forum - I think he was.

Big bloke, not to pacey, bald or short cropped hair - scored with a header.

One point they seem to make is his possible lack of pace. Wouldn't have thought this a problem if we go four atthe back. However, if we play three, we may get opened up again like last year.

from the G&N web site

as far as I can tell he made 10 appearances and scored once (against us)

bunce.jpg

NATHAN BUNCE

A highly experienced Conference defender having worn the colours of Hayters FC, Stevenage FC (twice) and Farnborough FC. He was signed by Havant & Waterlooville FC in the summer of 2004 after being released during his second spell at Stevenage. A short stay at the Hampshire club came to an end with a move deeper into the West Country when he was signed by Steve Claridge at Weymouth FC. Unable to settle and needing a move nearer to home Nathan signed for the club in January 2005.

lets give the fella a chance. jeff wouldnt of signed him if he didnt think he would offer us anything. Remember him at there place, he impressed me alot & scored a bullet of a header. We have always said we need a big bruiser type of defender so maybe he is the man for the job.

Welcome MR.BUNCE

Well we've missed a big strong defender who dominates in the air since Micky Bodley retired so Bunce might just be the man.

I am told he can head the ball like Steve Porter did and if he's got half the "balls" Mick Bodley had then he will suit us fine.

I think this signing indicates a back four preference for next season and signals a more bullish approach to the physical challenge of the Conf'.

We have more than a dozen trialists on board at the moment but i will be surprised if we sign more than another 3 or 4 players pre-season.

The key is fitness and a settled side and of course staying clear of long term injury, unlike last season which is the worst i can remember.

Preseason training & friendlies this year are more important than ever before because we now know about the Conf' and what is required to survive and hopfully this year to move on.

Three more Strength players (6ft+ nutter B'stards) up the middle is what we need imo, the flare and skill players are already here.

Quote:
Chris G. said:
We have more than a dozen trialists on board at the moment but i will be surprised if we sign more than another 3 or 4 players pre-season.

Can't say I'm that surprised we have so many trialists. We have a fairly rigourous pre season with plenty of friendlies so they'll all get an opportunity to shine.