Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 21-November 17 )

• Photo
    MartinBFC

• Photo
    rvr

• Photo
    The Mayor Of Simpleton

• Photo
    Zippy

Photo

ken livingstone. Mayor for London

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
41 replies to this topic

offline Barry Scott

Barry Scott
  • First XI Coach
signal and points failures happen on all railways all around the world all the time. Railway maintenance isn't as easy as saying "oh just lay down a new set of points"

offline gnfcmightymole

gnfcmightymole
  • Reserves Coach
my point is the mayor ken ISN'T ivesting in the tube network

offline Barry Scott

Barry Scott
  • First XI Coach
it'd cost billions to get the tube network up to scratch plus millions to keep it in a good state. And even getting it up to scratch isn't an overnight job, it'll take years

offline gnfcmightymole

gnfcmightymole
  • Reserves Coach
i know but he hasn't even started yet

offline Woody SUFC

Woody SUFC
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Windsor And Eton FC & Sheffield Utd
  • Foes: Alison Chapman! Never Forget!
  • Fav. Player(s): Any that gives 100%
eeer...yes he has! Doh!

Next you'll be blaming him for the 'Tesco tunnel' caving in!

offline Barry Scott

Barry Scott
  • First XI Coach
you won't see the results of any significant investment in the tube for a decade yet. wait ten years, come back and if it does still suck then moan about it

offline gnfcmightymole

gnfcmightymole
  • Reserves Coach
Quote:
Grimlock said:
you won't see the results of any significant investment in the tube for a decade yet. wait ten years, come back and if it does still suck then moan about it

he has had long enough i i am entilted to my opinion wether or not agree with it he talks [****!!****]

offline jc

jc
  • Supports: Ebbsfleet United
He's doing a damn sight more to improve public transport than Steve Norris would have done though.

offline Barry Scott

Barry Scott
  • First XI Coach
Quote:
gnfcmightymole said:
he has had long enough i i am entilted to my opinion wether or not agree with it he talks [****!!****]

yes you are entitled to your opinion, but asking him to overhaul a decrepit transportation system in a few years is flat out impossible and ridiculous. you've got to wait until he's not in office to judge how he's done

offline gnfcmightymole

gnfcmightymole
  • Reserves Coach
a man in his position has to be judged all the time

offline Barry Scott

Barry Scott
  • First XI Coach
well there are things which he can be judged on now like education, crime, etc. but Transport takes years for changes to be implemented

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
haha well if crime and education are anything to go by then people will be walking through the tunnels in ten years time if they havnt all collapsed

offline Big J R

Big J R
  • Vice-President
  • rank
  • Supports: Chelsea !!
  • Foes: NO-ONE !
  • Fav. Player(s): Any that don't dive and whinge !!
  • Fav. Sport(s): Naked Tiddly-Winks for over 70's.
Quote:
gnfcmightymole said:
what exactly has he spent the congestion charge on?

Errrm , Possibly ???????

offline pabird

pabird
  • First XI - Permanent
The labour party promise to do something with transport was made circa ten years ago and they have had 9 years to show us a reasonable degree of that change
Correct me if I am in error but John Prescott claimed that he would coordinate all transport services within ten years or he would accept the responsibility
More chance of getting S.H.I.TEE out of a rocking horse
The only change I can see is a bus lane on the M4 and rail services cutting train timetables so they can claim to run a higher percentage of trains on time
Ken is a class one plonker with an ego and verbal delivery that gains him the vote of non-working,pink card holding and non English speaking Londoners
The real problem is a non-achieving government whose only item yet to carry a micky mouse target is when they are to get out of government

offline American FLEET FAN No1

American FLEET FAN No1
  • Youth Team Coach
Maybe.......But did the CONservatives do any better with their years in power.....Don't think so!

offline pabird

pabird
  • First XI - Permanent
If you do not remember the class act of Maggie saving the nation or Ken Clark building the finance system that labours Brown and Bliar have leaned on so heavily you are very young
Lets remember that Brown has taken the easiest route possible in balancing the books, I.E. Somewhere between 68 and 80 hidden tax increases
How easy to balance the books when you simply add a tax every 1.5 months
Nine years ago Bliar told the idiot voters they had 48 hours to save the NHS
Would he still say the same after the destruction of dental care, 5,000 extra deaths a year from death dealing bugs taken on board whilst in NHS "care" and allowing for the people who can not wait any longer for surgery who pay to have the operations in India-South Africa etc
Get real! the only real blame on the conservative party is that they are unable to put together a front line capable of getting rid of the worst PM in modern times and shifting out the useless mob that hang on his coat tails
Lets also remember "tough on crime and tough on the causes of crime"
"we are the 4th richest nation on earth and senior members of society will get their fair share of those riches" "the family is at the heart of new labour" "education education education"
Failure failure failure

offline gnfcmightymole

gnfcmightymole
  • Reserves Coach
and wasn't ken labour?

offline Rob_Butler

Rob_Butler
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

offline gnfcmightymole

gnfcmightymole
  • Reserves Coach
if you think it's boring footballfan you don't have to come onto this thread

offline American FLEET FAN No1

American FLEET FAN No1
  • Youth Team Coach
I'm not that young pabird...........Old enough to remember the lies told by the CONservatives to take us into Europe, and the lies told by Labour to keep us there.
I also remeber Maggie trying to kill off an ailing National Health Service by taking beds needed for NHS patients and giving them to queue jumping private patients.
I had personal experience of this. When i crushed my foot at work and needed surgery on one toe, i was told by the NHS Doctor it couldn't be done for 2 years at least, as there was a chronic lack of beds. When the firm i worked for(and where i had the accident) found this out ,they sent me to their Private Physician, he got me into aprivate ward the next week.
The hypocrisy of the whole deal is.......i saw the same Doctor on both occasions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus