Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Anyone caught up in whatever's going on in London today?

We cannot and should not let these small minded people stop our way of life. The G8 should continue, as should life. We must stand up to these fools, and show them that they will not stop us living our lives the way we want.

My thoughts are with the injured, the victims and the families of those killed in these attacks.

Please do not use this thread for racial hatred. We are better than these terrorists. Just stop and think and of what anger will lead to. Just prey to whatever you religion is that no more die. And everyone returns to their loved ones safely. Whatever their race, creed or colour may be.

I can't see that the Olympic Games decision has got anything to do with this. Also although coinciding with G8, once again I doubt that this is a protest/attack because of this. It seems more likely to be Iraq orientated or have a similar background and just timed to coincide with the other events when perhaps the population as a whole and the security services in particular might least have been expecting anything to happen. Whatever the cause a worrying development.

Quote:
rd79 said:
Please do not use this thread for racial hatred. We are better than these terrorists. Just stop and think and of what anger will lead to. Just prey to whatever you religion is that no more die. And everyone returns to their loved ones safely. Whatever their race, creed or colour may be.

Ok point taken. Best I don't comment.

GROUP CLAIMS ATTACKS

A terror group linked to al Qaeda has claimed it carried out a series of terror attacks on London that have left a number of people dead and hundreds injured.

A previously unknown group calling itself "Secret Organisation al Qaeda in Europe" said it carried out the attacks as revenge for British "military massacres" in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Victoria IS NOW OPEN.

Stations in London suffered closure during the lunchtime - this means that services will be disrupted through much of the afternoon and evening as a consequence.

South Eastern will do their best to run as full a train service this evening as possible, in order to get our customers home safely.

Having spoke to the guys at Dartford & Service Delivery Centre at Friars Bridge Court, things are a bit messy at the moment, with a few trains in the wrong places, etc but they have a couple of hours to play trains.

Expect some cancellations & overcrowding, but then that's no different to most days.

I have to say I have changed my opinion of Ken Livingstone after seeing him on the news giving a statement.

Most impressed and he looked more sincere than any other politician seen so far.

"Londoners have been subjected to a cowardly attack - I have no doubt this is a terrorist attack," he said.

"I would like to thank Londoners for the calm way they responded," said Mr Livingstone, who has been in the Far East helping the successful London Olympic bid.

"This was not a terrorist attack against the mighty and the powerful, this was against working-class Londoners, an indiscriminate attempt at mass murder.

"I have stayed in touch with Sir Ian thanks to the excellent communications we had in place, in the event I was out of London during an atrocity like this.

"This is not an ideology or even a perverted faith," he continued. "This is just an attempt to kill innocent people.

And Mr Livingstone then addressed the terrorists directly, saying they would never beat the resolve of the British people.

"Ours is the greatest city in the world and we will not be divided by your cowardly attacks.

"I know you fear you may fail in your long-term objectives. In the coming weeks look at our airports, seaports and ailway stations.

"People come to live in London so they can live the life they choose.

"They flee you because you tell them how to live and no matter how many people you kill, you will fail."

NOTE: CANNON STREET STATION IS APPARENTLY STILL CLOSED.

Quote:
Jeff said:
Looks as though there is still serious disruption.
The SET site is crashing probably due to volume when I try to look at the realtime information.

Considering the stations have only just reopened and the trains are in wrong places, what real-time info did you expect to see?

If you're going home just get your [****!!****] into gear and get on the first train out.....

We must give praise to the emergency services as well. They have implemented their trainig very well, and have done a marvellous job. Maybe the government will now reverse its decision to shut down some fire stations in london.

Having checked, the guys at Friars Bridge Court have disconnected the real-time facility temporarily - partly due to high volumes checking when nothing to see and partly so they can get things sorted with the service and then upload the information to the website.

Better to have limited but correct information.

They have also put the following message up;

'Due to extreme demand for this service, we have switched to a simpler service - showing a summary of all incidents. The normal service will resume once demand has reduced sufficiently.'

I would have better info for you except I'm not at work today!