Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-November 17 )

• Photo
    Tommy Collins

• Photo
    stuieboy

Photo

A new home?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
regular view basic view
78 replies to this topic

offline MCD

MCD
  • Spectator
If you haven't seen the Enfield Independent this week click here for some EXCITING news!!<p> images/icons/smile.gif" border="0 images/icons/smile.gif" border="0 images/icons/smile.gif" border="0 images/icons/smile.gif" border="0 images/icons/smile.gif" border="0 images/icons/smile.gif" border="0

offline ETFC Neil

ETFC Neil
  • First XI - Sub
I'm sad to report that this is no news at all. How long have Enfield supporters heard all this? The punch line is that Laz and Enfield Council are in dispute. How can he expect them to find land and then be trusted to build a ground (as opposed to selling ground).

offline The Horse'sMouth

The Horse'sMouth
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Dreeeeeeeaaaaammmmmmm on!<p>Your going no where. With the legal action pending he will never get planning permission from the council.<p>In the words of the song "We've heard it all before, we've heard it all before, we've heard it all, we've heard it all before.<p>THM

offline Glory Hunter

Glory Hunter
  • Reserves
Couldn't agree more Mr Horse!<p>How many times have we heard this? In fact it was due to the amount of times that we actually heard this, that the backroom team put Enfield Town on the map.<p>Basically what has happened is that L****** has seen the success that the Town are having and is getting more and more worried about a desertion to the town from the remaining hardcore supporters (and lets face it lads, we would love to see you at a Town game).<p>Why dont you give it a try, I am starting to see more and more new/old faces at the games and they are sticking.<p>Hats off to those who are remaining (just so you dont think I am having a dig) but I really do think you would enjoy the Town experience.

offline Mr_X

Mr_X
  • Reserves
Great quote from Laz I see...<p>"If the council gave me land I would get on and build on it"<p>Of course you would.... Probably some nice flats!!!<p>If the council are giving out land then I'd like some too. I would also not require the additional bonus of £1.8m in my back pocket to obtain my free land.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
ohhhhhh please dont start this again!!! Enfield f.c will never play in enfield again!!! get over it!!!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
YEAH!...GROUND IN THE BOROUGH HUH, AND MY [****!!****]@S A CARROTT!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
New Ground - The great thing about poker is that it is game of bluff and double bluff. If EFC thinks that its putting its pair of tens on the table will flush out an ETFC full house, you&#8217;ll just have to go and play patience. By the way you&#8217;ve just been raised, your call!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I feel so so sorry for anyone that sees this as any more than further propaganda just so one man can get his hands on more dosh.

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
Derek<p>I read the report but could not see any exiting news.<p>Have I missed something.

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
  • National Squad - 1st XI
What makes anyone think the the council would, or could, GIVE land to EFC, ETFC, Fiorentina or my great aunt Matilda? <p>Unless I've very much misunderstood the basic concept of capitalism if you want a bit of land you have to buy it from the person who owns it.
The Planning procedure has got nothing whatsoever to do with it, or with any legal situation existing between any two parties. Once you've bought the land, then you need planning permission to build on it, whether its houses, stadia or London's new airport. (yes I know you can apply for pp before you buy it but thats not the point). If the land is suitable for housing it will be too valuable ie expensive for a football stadium because housing makes a lot of profit. So loopy Laz cannot be looking at a PRIME site, unless its just a loose use of the terminology.<p>It's much simpler and much more fun to come and watch the Town!

offline Freebird

Freebird
All this is not very surprising, Why should we expct anyone who deserted their club to beleive anything that was good for it.<p>O and by the way I think it was the council that sold the land and built houses on it.

offline ETFC Neil

ETFC Neil
  • First XI - Sub
Changing the subject completely, Rob, I note with some amusement that you used to attend Cuckoo Hall junior school. You were probably in the same class with me. Scary huh?<p>But to get back to your point, if we deserted Enfield then you did too. So we have as much right (or as little right) as you to give an opinion. So there!

offline Cyclops

Cyclops
  • First XI - Sub
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Freebird:
<strong>All this is not very surprising, Why should we expct anyone who deserted their club to beleive anything that was good for it.<p>O and by the way I think it was the council that sold the land and built houses on it.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>So how many clubs have you deserted Rob? Orient, Enfield, Potters Bar Town...
Ok, I won't include the Sunday sides because they don't have the same pull as senior football.

offline Cyclops

Cyclops
  • First XI - Sub
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Steph:
<strong>Derek<p>I read the report but could not see any exiting news.<p>Have I missed something.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>There is at least some good news. Enfield have a ground share extension in place at Boreham Wood. Until Lazarou actually provides a new home in the Borough of Enfield, he will still be seen to be crying "Wolf" and most of us won't believe it until it happens. <p>Also, it should be pointed out that he isn't the only one in this mess who seems to say unbelievable things in the hope that people will believe them. Hopefully the idiot Hertsmere councillor who tried to make political capital out of the increased traffic that EFC games would bring has also had time to reflect that, even without the formation of ETFC and the consequent decrease in attendances, traffic going up Brook Road on match days is mostly local people not going to football. I would hope that enough other people will realise that having EFC as tenants can't be all bad for BWFC or the local people. Anyway, they're building the new "Big Brother" house next to Tescos and the local pubs are looking forward to increased sales but nobody seems to have complained about the increased traffic that that will bring!

The Invisible Man
Mr Freebird, EFC had a brand spanking shiny new lease. How do you think the freeholder - the council - managed to sell the land for housing without the leaseholder's agreement? <p>Do you really believe that Mr Lazarou was against the idea, and despite his bitter protestations the land was flogged off, over his dead body so to speak?<p>It's certainly not my recollection of events!

offline Freebird

Freebird
Its great this so many wrong things in one go, were do I start.<p>NEIL<p>''Changing the subject completely, Rob, I note with some amusement that you used to attend Cuckoo Hall junior school. You were probably in the same class with me. Scary huh?''<p>Sorry Neil - nevery went to Cuckoo Hall Junior School, but did go to Manderville Secondary School now Sailsbury.<p>come back when your info is more correct<p>
CYCLOPS<p>''So how many clubs have you deserted Rob? Orient, Enfield, Potters Bar Town...
Ok, I won't include the Sunday sides because they don't have the same pull as senior football.''<p>So Sad when you get things wrong, I would have thought you would have had better information<p>Deserted Orient - when did that happen
Deserted Enfield - when did that happen
we all know why I stopped watching
Deserted PBT - when did that happen
this was a volentary job, resigned when I felt I had had enough.<p>As far as I can remember The Supporters changed Secretary, <p>The Turks wanted someone English <p>Im still at Northaw were Ive been for 6 years and there have won more in that time than than anyone in local football and we attract players with Conference and Rymans experance to play for us. and for nothing, so Dont talk about pull.<p>1 League Championship 1999
2 Herts County Cup wins 2998-99 / 1999-2000
1 Herts County Cup runners/up 2000-01
2 Herts County Cup q/f - 2001-01
1 League Challenge Cup 1999
1 League Intermediate Cup 1999
1 Reserve Cup s/f 2001-2002<p>find me a local club that can better that Sat or Sun football.<p>O I do love this, the more the better.<p>Bring on the Slagging
Enfield, Orient and England
Forever

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Deeds speak louder than words - Harlow Town FC have taken the novel appoach to ground replacement they are developing a new ground, moving into it and then selling the old one!<p>Ponder the thought that ETFC would not exist if EFC had taken the same innovative approach as Harlow Town FC!

offline The Horse'sMouth

The Horse'sMouth
Rob Freebird.<p>Do you go to Orient or Enfield on a regular basis. If Not then I would say you have deserted them.<p>I admit that I have deserted Enfield but not the spirit of the old Enfield that now resides in Brimsdown. They won 1-0 at Ilford last night by the way.<p>THM<p>Enfield Town forever.

The Invisible Man
Here, how come Freebird has a rant back at everyone but me? What have I done wrong?<p>This is blatant discrimination against invisible people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus