Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

why your mobiles didnt work on 7/7

I thought I would just let you know that the reasons your mobiles went down on thursday is that the current system for Police,Ambulance and fire that is being introduced is called Airwaves and this works via the mobile phone system, therefore as soon as a major incident happens the mobile companies pull the plug on the private network to release the band for the emergencies services. I know this causes problems as I tried to get hold of my oldest son who works close to the bomb that went off on the bus,but at these times I understand the need for clear communications between the services.

Harry, I was up there on thursday with my dog started 7am thursday and finished 7am friday, the mobile network does not work in the underground and my radio needs the vodaphone sytem to work.Many of our handlers have vodaphone and the contract they got from the police had the clause of allowing more bandwidth ie traffic during a major incident,hence the lack of availability for other users.

Using mobile phones to detonate bombs is indeed plausible, as demonstrated by the Madrid bombings of last year, and, it now seems, potentially, by Thursday's attacks, judging by the fact that the three bombs on the tube went off almost simultaneously.