Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Barnet

YELLOW

A reasonable work out today. We played really well in the first half but it all went awry in the second and Barnet started to show their class.

Lee Boylan gave us the lead from the penalty spot after Greggors was fouled but Barnet equalised through Grazioli and were the better side in the second half.

Nick Bailey scored twice to complete a 3-1 win.

Overall positives were Nathan Bunce who had a decent first game and Jay Conroy a trialist who played at left back had a good match.

Stuart Douglas came on and looked sharp but we didn't really create much in the second half. In the first half we passed the ball round well, looked sharp and created some good opportunities. We never really got going in the second half and too often our defence was opened up by a talented Barnet outfit.

Shrewsbury is up next on Tuesday and I'll be doing the music at the game so expect plenty of rock!!!

Jay Conroy did well, he looked confident and very composed on the ball. I thought he fitted in well and would be a definate assett to the team.

I agree with the above we did well in the first half and created a lot of missed chances in the early first half.

I still cannot understand why Noto does not get and early start and by the way is there a problem between Minton and Noto; Noto finds the space but Minton does not seem to want to deliver to him. The other sub, I think wore 18 shirt looked lost at times, Bunce looked strong in the air but lacked a bit of pace for me. Two players lacking pace in a team is not a good formula, lets hope things get better as we take in further friendlies. We died in the latter stages of the second half!!

David Shaw I think was the 18 and the game seemed to pass him by. It was a similar story for him on Monday.

I was listening out for Queens "Princes of the universe" at half time to inspire the boys.

No wonder they were flat.

Trust me Yellow wack that out at half time, turn up the volume as the players are coming out and watch their game get lifted.

Yellow Bungle

"....personally, I go for the solitude..."

No wonder with that attitude!!!

I kept asking why dont they give Douglas the ball. I think the jury is still out on him, I wonder if we are not a little clicky and it takes a month or two before we can start spreading the ball into the feet of new boys.

Quote:
MOB said:
Trust me Yellow wack that out at half time, turn up the volume as the players are coming out and watch their game get lifted.

I'll bear that in mind. I will hopefully be playing some Queen on Tuesday.

I was pleased with what i saw of Bunce, i think we had all heard he lacked pace but he put 100% into every tackle or header he went for and that will put a few attackers off.

Conroy settled in well for his first game and i`d like to see more of him at Park Lane. Not so happy with Douglas, he did a lot of running when he came on but didn`t seem to get anywhere. I also thought that for such an experienced player his touch was poor.

Yellow Bungle - I make you right about Minton. There is no doubting that he has amazing skills on the ball but he rarely passes the ball straight off if the opportunity arises, it seems that he just has to take on one more person and that in itself seems to drive him back toward defence and ultimatly a crossfield or backpass is all that is on option, time and positional advantage is then lost!

I thought Douglas looked hungry but saw lots of the Junior about him!

Gregory was a lot better than at Wakering where I thought he was abismal.

We look slow to the ball and were easily robbed by the Barnet players who adept with the physical side of the game in confusing the referee, little tricks that we need to put into practice more often

MOB, Douglas didn't get the ball because we didn't pass it forward. He made some excellent runs but all we did was go sideways. I think we are really going to miss Ollie as he could run at players and slot a nice ball through the defense. I don't see anyone doing that at the moment.

As for the solitute, even I felt lonely on Saturday - where was everyone?

I thought that Bunce looked very looked, so physically strong that it makes you wonder if we could coax him into playing centre midfield! When Grazioli tried to run round him and ran straight into Bunce he hardly noticed, a funnier thing I doubt I'll see all season!

Conray looked very impressive, I'd like to see a couple more young players of his quality play in the next 3 games.

for me bunce and conroy looked good but douglas just dont think he would score many goals at this level.would keep david shaw and tommy laws though good young players there just not ready yet though

Douglas's record at football league level was hardly the greatest. His best season for Luton he scored 9 goals in 42 games which is hardly prolific.