Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

canvey football

looking forward to the big kick off i think john keeling will shine this year he IS e great player and if he gets a good run and stays injury free he will take us all to dizzy heights !!!!

Quote:
pickle said:
looking forward to the big kick off i think john keeling will shine this year he IS e great player and if he gets a good run and stays injury free he will take us all to dizzy heights !!!!

I thought he shined last year when given the opportunity.

He has the ability to change the course of a game and his work rate is impressive.

Admittedly there was a couple of games when I agreed that he should be subbed off because he was completely marked out of the game. A bit like Peter Smith last year at Barnet where he completely outmarked their winger and dried up any opportunities for Grazioli.

The right player at the right time.

More interested in Mario. Would like to see him have a few continuous full games rather than being subbed or not used. He's certainly not afraid to have a dig which will probably give our two strikers something to feed off.

Where would people like to see Mario play? For me it has to be central midfield which brings up the question of who do you leave out for Mario. I think you can only play Minton or Mario (i don`t think the two together would offer enough defensive cover) so would you leave Minton out for Mario? Personally i think Minton still has the edge.

Good point Ronin.

Mints is a hard player to define. He is a potential match winner on his day and has some great skills. I don't feel he has shown the form he had before injury last season. As Blooming Barmy Bongo says he has a habit of holding the ball and not moving forward. He seems to need longer on the ball which in the Conf. Nat. he doesn't get.

I would like to see Mario given the opportunity in ceentral midfield but pushed further forward as he does like a crack at goal. This may give Tait and Boylan greater opportunities.

As a couple of people have said I don't feel you get the best out of them playing together - bit like Lee & Junior.

I also think this will get us back to our Ryman days of playing attractive "attacking" football. With some new blood in defence and hopefully playing four at the back we will see some Canvey goals going in and other teams trying to play catch up.

Against Shrewsbury Mario played on the right wing but don't really think he is cut out as a winger.

Up until recently I would have said replace Minton with Mario, but Jeff's performances have been much better of late and I feel the position is his to lose for the time being. But Mario shouldn't feel disheartened should he not be picked, a player of his ability will inevitably break into the team soon.