Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Just who could go up anyway/

Great message board - I see most of Rymans - NLOTN have made their way here!<P>Whilst we continue to bask in the glory of at least 72 hours at the top of the pile - my question is though, in reality just which teams from this league would be eligible with ground grading to be promoted anyway??

Before anyone else has a dig at Canvey, let me point out that Park Lane ground grading would mean that we COULD go into the conference. Not the best ground in the world, we know that, but up to the necessary spec.

it wouldnt take much work to get a lot of the grounds in the ryman up to conf standard..most of the work required involves extra turstiles n toilets, segregation facilities a set number of seats and floodlights of a certain brightness..oh and a 8 foot high fence round the ground..heybridge have a nice ground and im sure if they were in with a shout of promotion the work could be done in a few months..same goes for billericay...park lane may come in for stick from everyone but we aint bothered. maybe other teams should spend a bit more on the playing side and worry about the fancy dan grounds when they are needed wink.gif" border="0

Nothing too controvercial to add, just wanted to post the 100th entry on this site.... but what appears to be a problem is that the powers that be always want any work done by about the turn of the year which means that anyone in the top six, unless there are run away leaders,have to decide if they should invest in the ground or perhaps that extra player (which would be money wasted if the ground doesn't make the grade). confused.gif" border="0

i thought you had a bit longer and final inpections where nearer april...mind you , you would still have to be starting work at the end of the year to make sure you got it all done ...i also thought they were allowing a set amount of time for the promoted club to get things up to scratch the following season much like fulham have been allowed in the premiership. confused.gif" border="0