Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Aldershot

ronin

It`s very quite on here seeing we have a big game tonight against our old friends Aldershot. They started the season with a lot of injurys and if their message board is to be believed have picked up a few more so it looks like a good time to play them.

According to reports we played well against Accrington so i wouldn`t have thought the team will change much if at all. It would be nice to get 3 points from our first home game and i think we can do it.

Almost forgot Bertie should be playing for them tonight and maybe Paul Kitson.

We did well at Accrington IMHO.

We just didn't take our chances otherwise the result would look very different.

I think Shots would have been stunned by their opening result and therefore the game could go either way.They may come out all guns blazing to make a point. Bertie and Kitson are good players but it isn't about individulas, it's about playing as a team.

However, as you say ronin, their forum complains of a long injury list and lack of good striking options so I think they may not prove the force they were last season.

After seeing Tait and Lee work together at Accrington and the support from Mints, JK and Duffers I think we will be to strong for them up front. My only thought is starting Keeling instead of Clarke. I think we will get something from tonights game. Whats the chances of getting decent officials?

I just hope we get plenty of home support tonight.

This is the kind of game where we should be getting over a 1000+. it would be nice to see a big crowd for tonights game. If we were to get a good results hopefully these people that pick and choose what games to go to mind start coming on a regular basis.

Whatever happens tonight, one guarentee will be that the yellow army will be in full voice

First home game of the season tonight. As Gary said, we should easily get over 1000 in the ground!

Looking forward to hearing some noise tonight, see you all there!

Good Luck Gulls!!!

Agree that Keeling should play. He murdered Aldershot in the second half last season at the Lane and with Shot's regular fullbacks both injured he would cause chaos.

Quote:
Matt CIFC said:
First home game of the season tonight. As Gary said, we should easily get over 1000 in the ground!

Looking forward to hearing some noise tonight, see you all there!

Good Luck Gulls!!!

1,210 in attendance.

Probably about 200-250 from Aldershot so that is a very impressive crowd.

I imagine Gravesend will bring 300-400 down. Could be looking at around 1,500.

Good stuff tonight under the shelter, the atmosphere was good. However, when we conceeded a lot of people stopped singing and stood there as if we'd just been relegated. We didn't get results like last night and Exeter at home last year without belief, and if the players believe enough to turns games around then so must we. Even if you don't want to actually sing, clap your hands, slap the bald blokes head in front of you, whatever makes noise that will drive the players on!

I just hope we don't become a "Sing When We're Winning" club!

in the first half you couldnt hear much from were i was in the away end, a few of the aldershot fans said that we were very quiet and i had to point out that it was just the shelter keeping the sound in. once the wind changed it starting drifting down though

I think I was just stunned that we were 1-0 down. Took a while to finally accept we were behind after playing really well. Much better in the second half though.

As a neutral observer - thought Aldershot edged the first half (still don't know how their forward didn't make it 2-0) but second half you looked a completely different side. Kept the ball on the deck, cut out playing the long ball and looked far more menacing.

Not sure about your keeper. Looked indecisive to me and the goal conceded was rather soft, but

over the 90 mins thought you deserved all the points. Good sized crowd too.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.