Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Aldershot

ronin

Satying-up i have to disagree with you there.

Mkinney had a excellent game against accrington, pulled of a good save and commanded his box well, same goes for last night, pulled of a good save from a volley and again collected crossed.

For me i would keep him as our number 1 and i dont expect danny to be playing on saturday against gravesend. Danny will have to work hard and show the right commitment to get back in again. Only my oppinion but i feel that is what will happen.

Agree that he done well at Accrington.

Did well last night against the Shots but I agree with the fan from Chelmsford City who as a neutral said he looked indecisive - although only once or twice.

I don't think Danny will start as number one.

If jeff says Keeling won't start as he had a poor pre season it would seem a bit of a contradiction to let Danny straight back in.

Danny will get his start sooner or later and will hold onto the role. The main difference I see when comparing them is Danny is quick to release the ball and get the game going. Mckinney takes his time a bit more. As he gets more games he will settle down - it's only his second game for the Gulls.

Plenty of things for Jeff & Glenn to think about before the Gravesend game.

Goalkeeper McKinney (why hasn`t he got his own shirt?) or Potter?

Defence Stick with what we`ve got or bring in Bunce/Sterling?

Midfield Keep Clarke in the starting X1 or swap him with Keeling?

Forwards Where to fit in Ibe?

Well, I cant see how anyone could be disappointed with Boylan, he worked his socks off along with Tait.

John Kennedy and Duffy were both magic going forward and Duffy made some outstanding track backs. Bimson was quality, Theobald was fine and made one blunder that was not his fault, he reacted to call from one of our own and it was the wrong call. I was disappointed in Sedgemore whom I rate massively but thought he had a poor game. My concerns are for Cheners who very nearly put us back to one point due to a prolonged dally and was captured by two opposing players, he got out of it by a very thin skin. Clarke is a player that I cannot at the moment get my head around, his first showing in the friendlies looked good but he just was not on song last night. Minton, although I have a great respect for his ability, for me he just is not doing the business as he should be at the moment.

Its too early to decide on the keeper, but I would feel better with Potter in the box at this early stage of the season.

b

Get used to it. Every club in the Conf. will be slagging us off or saying how they dominated - we are not worthy to be in the Conference, we have a [****!!****] ground, we have no fans, our burgers are rubbish, we play rugby, the Island is a dump, we cheated, we had 12 players on the pitch with dodgy officials etc. etc. etc.

No one will give us the credit we deserve and it usually happens when they don't get a result, funnily enough........

Quote:
canveyfc lad said:
is it me or was i at a different game last night just been on the aldershot forum and they seem to think they had the best of the game to lee got injured !!

Possession:
Canvey Island 61%
Aldershot 39%
Shots:
Canvey Island 16
Aldershot 9
Corners:
Canvey Island 12
Aldershot 6
Fouls:
Canvey Island 10
Aldershot 15
Bookings:
Canvey Island 2
Aldershot 3

BBC Sport

While they don`t tell you everything about a match the stats don`t lie.

Yeah I don't think Gravesend will bring as many as they normally do. It's also the V festival this weekend and I imagine we'll get the same old problem that people won't want or won't be able to afford to pay out another 11.50 for a game after attending Tuesday night.

Should still get a decent crowd though.

what is it with everyone having a go at chenners, i thought he was v good on tuesday, most people say bimson was better but at least twice he let the ball bounce over him and their player got to it, chenners nearly made one mistake (but didn't) and everyones on his case. i would rather hear good things said about players especially this early in the season.

lets build our players up and no knocking someone if he has a dodgy moment, lets face most of us couldn't do their job