Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-August 17 )

• Photo
    joshtheeagle

• Photo
    Sprout

• Photo
    blahblah

• Photo
    AllowIT

• Photo
    woodywoods

• Photo
    dave_c

• Photo
    all seeing eye

• Photo
    twobags

• Photo
    moleskin

Photo

Aldershot

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
36 replies to this topic

offline Staying-up

Staying-up
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Thankfully he wont be in goal anymore Potter will be back on Saturday. Not sure why Ashley Harrison didnt play as he is a more than able deputy when Potter isnt playing.

offline CIFCislander

CIFCislander
Satying-up i have to disagree with you there.
Mkinney had a excellent game against accrington, pulled of a good save and commanded his box well, same goes for last night, pulled of a good save from a volley and again collected crossed.

For me i would keep him as our number 1 and i dont expect danny to be playing on saturday against gravesend. Danny will have to work hard and show the right commitment to get back in again. Only my oppinion but i feel that is what will happen.

offline A Non E Mouse

A Non E Mouse
  • First XI - Sub
Agree that he done well at Accrington.

Did well last night against the Shots but I agree with the fan from Chelmsford City who as a neutral said he looked indecisive - although only once or twice.

I don't think Danny will start as number one.

If jeff says Keeling won't start as he had a poor pre season it would seem a bit of a contradiction to let Danny straight back in.

Danny will get his start sooner or later and will hold onto the role. The main difference I see when comparing them is Danny is quick to release the ball and get the game going. Mckinney takes his time a bit more. As he gets more games he will settle down - it's only his second game for the Gulls.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Plenty of things for Jeff & Glenn to think about before the Gravesend game.

Goalkeeper McKinney (why hasn`t he got his own shirt?) or Potter?
Defence Stick with what we`ve got or bring in Bunce/Sterling?
Midfield Keep Clarke in the starting X1 or swap him with Keeling?
Forwards Where to fit in Ibe?

offline cangull

cangull
  • First XI - Sub
Well, I cant see how anyone could be disappointed with Boylan, he worked his socks off along with Tait.
John Kennedy and Duffy were both magic going forward and Duffy made some outstanding track backs. Bimson was quality, Theobald was fine and made one blunder that was not his fault, he reacted to call from one of our own and it was the wrong call. I was disappointed in Sedgemore whom I rate massively but thought he had a poor game. My concerns are for Cheners who very nearly put us back to one point due to a prolonged dally and was captured by two opposing players, he got out of it by a very thin skin. Clarke is a player that I cannot at the moment get my head around, his first showing in the friendlies looked good but he just was not on song last night. Minton, although I have a great respect for his ability, for me he just is not doing the business as he should be at the moment.
Its too early to decide on the keeper, but I would feel better with Potter in the box at this early stage of the season.
b

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
is it me or was i at a different game last night just been on the aldershot forum and they seem to think they had the best of the game to lee got injured !!

offline A Non E Mouse

A Non E Mouse
  • First XI - Sub
Get used to it. Every club in the Conf. will be slagging us off or saying how they dominated - we are not worthy to be in the Conference, we have a [****!!****] ground, we have no fans, our burgers are rubbish, we play rugby, the Island is a dump, we cheated, we had 12 players on the pitch with dodgy officials etc. etc. etc.

No one will give us the credit we deserve and it usually happens when they don't get a result, funnily enough........

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Quote:
canveyfc lad said:
is it me or was i at a different game last night just been on the aldershot forum and they seem to think they had the best of the game to lee got injured !!

Possession:
Canvey Island 61%
Aldershot 39%
Shots:
Canvey Island 16
Aldershot 9
Corners:
Canvey Island 12
Aldershot 6
Fouls:
Canvey Island 10
Aldershot 15
Bookings:
Canvey Island 2
Aldershot 3

BBC Sport

While they don`t tell you everything about a match the stats don`t lie.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
if you dont live on canvey you hate everything about it but once you live here you dont want to leave, only came for 6 months but 15 years later here i am

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
"No one likes us, we don't care...!!"

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
in the BBC match report they also say
Quote:
Aldershot took the lead against the run of play when Scott Guyett headed home from a corner.

offline A Non E Mouse

A Non E Mouse
  • First XI - Sub
Quote:
YELLOW said:
I imagine Gravesend will bring 300-400 down. Could be looking at around 1,500.

Weather forecast doesn't look that great for Saturday. With that and their drubbing at Grays I think the crowd numbers will be down on Saturday - bloody hope not after Tuesday nights exciting game.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Yeah I don't think Gravesend will bring as many as they normally do. It's also the V festival this weekend and I imagine we'll get the same old problem that people won't want or won't be able to afford to pay out another 11.50 for a game after attending Tuesday night.

Should still get a decent crowd though.

offline Just Champion

Just Champion
  • Reserves
what is it with everyone having a go at chenners, i thought he was v good on tuesday, most people say bimson was better but at least twice he let the ball bounce over him and their player got to it, chenners nearly made one mistake (but didn't) and everyones on his case. i would rather hear good things said about players especially this early in the season.
lets build our players up and no knocking someone if he has a dodgy moment, lets face most of us couldn't do their job

offline Exile

Exile
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
err...don't think any of us could do their job. However I suspect some people could have done better than the England teams which sort of turned up last night...

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I expect a bigger crowd after Thursday, especially after wetting our appetite.

offline CIFCislander

CIFCislander
Dont think anybody is having a go at chenners, just that we are all a bit suprised that he has started the season. To be honest he and theo have done very well together in defence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus