Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

dave lee

david baker

Yes it was a clumsy challenge, looked like Mints had the ball and lost it, Lee nipped in, Mints stretched to get it back, caught Lee and was subsequently booked. However there was no intent to hurt the opponent (nothing like your average Premiership lunge) - if you noticed there was no remonstrating by any Aldershot players, it was just a mistimed tackle, I don't think anyone could believe how bad the injury was (if Lee got his studs caught in the ground that might help to explain the extent of the injury). Like everybode else I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

There`s an interview with Lee in tonights Echo, the more you read about his injury the worse it seems. The doctors had to put his bone back in place while he was still awake because they were worried he would lose his foot if they waited any longer. He will have another op in 10 weeks and the plates will be taken out in 9 months time.

He also says he dosen`t blame Minton "I`ve seen Jeff play before and i know he`s not a dirty player. It wasn`t even that bad a tackle, it was just that he caught my standing leg and i was immediately in a lot of pain"