Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Let Us Stand

Quote:
Badger said:
Isn't it all-seated once you reach a certain level? Like League 2 or something?

entry guidelines for entry to League Two are for only 1,000 seats. I think that the Championship and Premiership are the only levels where stadiums must be all seater, and if they are not all-seater than there must be plans in place to put seats in within a certain time frame of either three or five years.

Are you talking about reinstating (or keeping) standing terraces, which I am in faviour of, or allowing people to stand in seating areas, which I am not in favour of? If I pay 30-35 quid to watch a game of football I expect to be able to see the game, which I cannot do if some selfish oaf in front stands up. This is particularly important in the case of those small in stature, children, the elderly or with a minor disabilty.

The older you get, the more you realise standing is overrated. Considering how much people have to pay to get in, the very least League clubs can do is make sure there is covered seating for all. They'd happily waste £(Insert a Six/Seven figure number here) on a star striker, but can't be arsed to look after their customers. Imagine if you went to the cinema and you were told all the seats were sold out, but for a pound less you could stand and watch the film in an open section. You wouldn't accept that, so why should we with football.

It was a lot more than a pound less to stand in the "old" days when there was the option of terracing - plus better atmosphere, more singing etc. I'd have to check but I think the last terrece price was about six quid, with seats starting at twenty odd. When all seating became mandatory, why wasn't a compromise price worked out instead of keeping the higher rate? Silly question isn't it?

Professional football is now way too expensive - the people's game, the working man's game? Pah! As I now live up norf I'm hoping to go to the Blackburn-Spurs game midweek, but two tickets will be 50-60 quid, plus programmes and so on. As a lad I used to go to every Spurs home game plus a number of away games on the proceeds of a paper round. Now I've got to wonder if I can afford to go a single match.