Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 25-July 17 )

• Photo
    JeremyJacobs

• Photo
    ian_warner49

• Photo
    coach et 64

• Photo
    skyblueeagle

• Photo
    Nikki Rice

SHARING WITH BISHOP STORTFORD!!??

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
36 replies to this topic

offline Cyclops

Cyclops
  • First XI - Sub
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Freebird:
<strong>So where did the B Stortford web-site get its news from maybe the should be asked to explain there reasons for this false information.<p>Or was someone just trying to stir tings up again</strong><hr></blockquote><p>I should imagine that there is a backup agreement so that Enfield don't have to postpone games because they and Boreham Wood are supposed to be at home on the same day, and that this agreement is with Bishop's Stortford. There were similar ones the other year when we ended up watching EFC in home games at Hendon, Harrow, St Albans...<p>The last thing a club needs is to find that it absolutely must have a ground for a game and then being held to ransom by clubs whose pitches aren't being used that day.<p>I think that, rather than trying to stir things up, someone has just got the wrong end of the stick.

offline Colin, Germany

Colin, Germany
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by McD:
<strong>We are staying at BWFC. See the "Press Release" I just posted.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Where did you post it? I can't find it. The News and Views page says there is a drop-down box, but this doesn't appear on my browser (IE 5.5).

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Colin, Germany:
<strong><p>Where did you post it? I can't find it. The News and Views page says there is a drop-down box, but this doesn't appear on my browser (IE 5.5).</strong><hr></blockquote><p>It's at the top of the forum page colin

offline Colin, Germany

Colin, Germany
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Robert (on works com):
<strong><p>It's at the top of the forum page colin</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Silly me! Looking at the main site! Thanks, Robert.

offline MCD

MCD
  • Spectator
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Colin, Germany:
<strong><p>Silly me! Looking at the main site! Thanks, Robert.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Colin,<p>The reason why it has not got on to the main site yet is 'technical' but it will be there. I put it on the message board first as it is almost an immediate update and wanted people to know what was happening asap.

offline SAINTS64MAD

SAINTS64MAD
  • Reserves Coach
U should come and play at clarence park again! our pitch is brilliant because we had that mid-season brake!

offline R Zimmerman

R Zimmerman
  • Spectator
And you would know...how? Seeing as you never get down here as you live in Bourne.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
He cannot have been anywhere near the pitch, R.Zimmerman. Either that or he is blind. The pitch is not brilliant, it is in a dreadful state and needs some serious nurturing back to the condition it was in when proper groundsmen tended it and international teams trained on it. It is not sufficient just to cut and roll it, regardless of what our present so called groundsman seems to think.

offline R Zimmerman

R Zimmerman
  • Spectator
Maybe if we had a red tractor.....

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
That would help but I fear it needs a sight more than that, i.e. a huge amount of time and expert attention spent on it.

offline SAINTS64MAD

SAINTS64MAD
  • Reserves Coach
Well when i was at the grays game it was perfect! anyway still come cos we need the money!

offline GHA EFM

GHA EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
SAINTS75ANNOYING.<p>The first team, the reserves, Arsenal ladies, and possible others will be playing down the park next season. We don't need another team.<p>Use your loaf.

offline MCD

MCD
  • Spectator
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Grand High Aviator:
<strong>SAINTS75ANNOYING.<p>The first team, the reserves, Arsenal ladies, and possible others will be playing down the park next season. We don't need another team.<p>Use your loaf.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>So, are you saying Arsenal Ladies won't be playing at tthe wood next season?

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Local contacts in Bishop Stortford tell me that the new football ground is for sale to be developed as a major hotel for the airport. Where are Bishops Stortford going to move to? More interestingly is EFC going to merge with BS?

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
The reason that the news was posted on the BSFC site, was because your Chairman had entered into an agreement with ours for the ground share. Money agreed and all arrangements and contract drawn up (at BSFC expense). Your Chairman obviously used all this a a bargaining chip with Boreham Wood and then didn't even have the courtesy to ring and say the deal was off. The Ryman League told our Chairman that yours had signed up with Wood. What a charming fellow your Chairman is. Oh and don't bother asking again. I had stayed ambivalent about the debate over your mentor and always had respect for Enfield FC. No longer.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
From Foggy "More interestingly is EFC going to merge with BS?"....

Now you're having a laugh. After the disgraceful debacle over the agreed groundshare you are seen as lepers. We don't need or want a groundshare thanks very much.

If you let your Club merge with anyone then you are not true fans. We both have illustrious histories, we are not proposing to let ours go and I cannot believe that you will yours. This whole subject is best forgotten very quickly.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
good old papa, still losing friends. proberbly explains why he's sniffing around cheshunt again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus