Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 25-September 17 )

• Photo
    Mr Gently Benevolent

• Photo
    Bella

• Photo
    aaronangel

• Photo
    neutral fan

• Photo
    Baldryck

• Photo
    jessie james

• Photo
    hatter69_DTFC

• Photo
    NOX

So ...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
26 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
... what was your best result?
... biggest win?
... biggest defeat?
... best/worst player?

offline Freebird

Freebird
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
best result
beating Barnet any time ant place anywhere<p>biggest win
18-0 v Stevenage 1927<p>biggest defeat
0-12 v Woolwich Poly 1904<p>best player
Noel Ashford<p>worst player
Jeff Wood<p>anymore questions ?

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Freebird:
<strong>best result
beating Barnet any time ant place anywhere<p>biggest win
18-0 v Stevenage 1927<p>biggest defeat
0-12 v Woolwich Poly 1904<p>best player
Noel Ashford<p>worst player
Jeff Wood<p>anymore questions ?</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Freebird<p>I totally agree with you that Noel Ashford is the best ever EFC player. But what about the Wimbledon reject Eric Young for our worst player? He was dreadful when he played for the Es a few seasons ago!<p> images/icons/smile.gif" border="0 images/icons/smile.gif" border="0 images/icons/smile.gif" border="0 images/icons/smile.gif" border="0 images/icons/smile.gif" border="0 images/icons/smile.gif" border="0 images/icons/smile.gif" border="0 images/icons/smile.gif" border="0 <p>Shreddies do not keep hunger locked up till lunchtime!

offline The Horse'sMouth

The Horse'sMouth
You have to remember that Freebird stopped going regularly about 15 years ago. He would have missed out on the likes of George "golden boots" Gregoriou.<p>How about Tom Loizou as worse ever manager ?

offline Tom S

Tom S
  • Reserves Coach
Can't argue with Noel Ashford as best ever player.<p>In fairness to Eric Young he was a good player previously who made a mistake in joining EFC instead of retiring. There were others who did not have that excuse. Off the top of my head I can think of Peter Smith (centre-half, ex-Orient) and Neil Luff (2 games on loan from somewhere like Gillingham and completely out of his depth).<p>At times like this I wish Medders was online because with his length of service and phenomenal memory he could come up with some absolute corkers when it comes to candidates for worst ever players.<p>And I haven't even mentioned some of Tom Loizou's signings last season.<p>Worst ever manager? In my time it's a close run thing between Loizou, Graham Westley and Mike Ferguson.

offline Cyclops

Cyclops
  • First XI - Sub
I go back slightly earlier than Tom. My best ever player would probably be Keith Searle with Micky O'Sullivan not far behind and Ashford not far behind him.<p>Worst player... well there were quite a few actually and I don't think Jeff Wood was the worst goalie, but then I remember Alex Welsh!

offline Freebird

Freebird
Rather strange feeling coming over me must be all these people on my wavelenth for a change<p>I followed the Reserves with Terry Fairhead and Billy Bromfield<p>between then they played over 200 players in three seasons there was so many bad players i was crazy<p>Even Steve Powell was getting a game and he was one of the better ones<p>Jamie Hoy, David Broomfield, and some bloke called Frances who could only say ''GIVE MY THE BALL IN THE MIDFIELD AND I WILL SCORE'' Danny Benstock passed to him twice and he shot over the stand twice at Southend and Colchester.<p>Great times travelling to Cambridge two week in a row and losing 10-0 each time.

offline Colin, Germany

Colin, Germany
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Freebird:
<strong>best player
Noel Ashford
</strong><hr></blockquote><p>I expect he was, because everyone says so, and he was playing in the most successful Enfield team. Unfortunately, I moved to Hamburg before he played for Enfield, and my memories are of Alf D'Arcy dominating game after game.

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
I dont think its possible to pick the best ever player for similar reasons that its difficult to pick the worst as there are so many.<p>Nobody has mentioned Joe Adams, Roger Day or John Payne. <p>What about Steve King or John Connell<p>Laurie Churchill must get a mention.<p>Then Carl Richards was a phenomenal goal scorer and Paul Furlong was the most successful after leaving the club.<p>Tony Turley, John Butterfield<p>Tom Lawrence. <p>It is only stubborness that people dont appreciate what Graham Roberts did both on and off the pitch. <p>As for worst players fortunately most played few games but Brazil who was clearly out of his depth like Young. <p>Unlucky Sammy!<p>And was Richard Cherry truly a genius?

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
And was Richard Cherry truly a genius?[/QB][/QUOTE]<p>Richard Cherry was big and fat...not much change there then.<p>Paul Hobson, Andy Pape and Martin St.Hillaire (supersub) were all Gods amongst some good players.<p>Out of them...Paul Hobson.<p>
images/icons/grin.gif" border="0

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
The Saint is still fantastic. He scored a wonderful header against Southall the other day. Pure genius!<p>We all love the Pape, Chopper Hall couyld give him a run for his money these days.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Is the Pape still playing? they dumped him at aldershot for Gareth Howells.

offline Tom S

Tom S
  • Reserves Coach
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by owen:
<strong>Is the Pape still playing? they dumped him at aldershot for Gareth Howells.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Pape wasn't 'dumped' by Aldershot - he was injured which is why Smiler was brought in and Pape hasn't played for over a year. My sources tell me that Pape has finally gone under the knife to cure the problem but at the age of 40 it must be doubtful whether he will resume playing.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I hope he does play again! He was a really good keeper and nice bloke too!

offline Cyclops

Cyclops
  • First XI - Sub
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by owen:
<strong>Is the Pape still playing? they dumped him at aldershot for Gareth Howells.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Pape got injured about a year ago and it has taken this long for him to get the shoulder op he needed. He should be fit and healthy and back at work in about six weeks. I've promised him I won't make him carry the laptop on his bad shoulder!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
That's what I like about you Cyclops you're all heart!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Do you know if he's planning to play or coach again cyclops?

offline Cyclops

Cyclops
  • First XI - Sub
<strong>Do you know if he's planning to play or coach again cyclops?</strong><hr></blockquote><p>I don't know right now. I will ask him when he gets back.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Have you found out yet cyclops?

offline Cyclops

Cyclops
  • First XI - Sub
I will ask next week if I am around at the same time that Andy is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus