Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-September 18 )

• Photo
    swd

• Photo
    changesnightspot

• Photo
    MaddoHatter

Photo

Results - 18th September 2001

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
22 replies to this topic

offline .Ian

.Ian
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Aldershot Town 4 - 1 Maidenhead<BR>Basingstoke Town 3 - 0 Sutton<BR>Canvey Island 2 - 1 Boreham Wood<BR>Chesham 4 - 1 Braintree Town<BR>Enfield 0 - 2 Hampton & Richmond<BR>Gravesend & N 3 - 0 Hendon<BR>Heybridge 1 - 1 Bedford<BR>Hitchin 2 - 4 Grays<BR>Kingstonian 4 - 1 Bilericay Town<p>[ 18 September 2001: This message was edited by: Ian CIFC ]

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Doh!! Hello Planet Earth! images/icons/frown.gif" border="0

offline carjam

carjam
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Whose top of the league now ?

offline Cressing Toad

Cressing Toad
  • Reserves
Just got back, had to see what was being said on here. How close is it at the top?Braintree lose one and drop from clear top to fifth. Congrats to those that won, especially Gravesend its your turn in the hotseat. Well done Billericay you're still lower than us lol. images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
has anyone been top for 2 consecutive weekends yet?

offline GazzaBTFC

GazzaBTFC
  • Youth Team Coach
Billericay I believe.<P>Now Gravesend are top, will the jinx continue.<P>And we were truely cr*p last night. If we continue, we'll be lucky to survive.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
G'end now top! and they got a conf grading as well ..carjam will be happy!! images/icons/smile.gif" border="0 ..i was stuck at work for our game but sounds like B'Wood are a useful outfit..not looking forward to the trip to thier place ..could be tricky

offline ChrisA2002

ChrisA2002
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
I wonder what the odds are at the bookies for Gravesend to lose on Saturday.<P>Must be worth a bet...<P>Here's hoping Canvey win on Sat, so we'll go second after we turn ricky over. Who wants to go top at the moment with the current jinx!

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
oi ! back off second place .. we like it there, its where we spent most of last season images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0

offline ChrisA2002

ChrisA2002
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
You can have it back for the final placings.<P>For now I think it's the best spot to be images/icons/wink.gif" border="0

offline SteveP

SteveP
  • Reserves Coach
This league is open wide, every team is beatable, I think we could have a 4 or 5 way tussle for the league this time, isn't that better than Dagneham wiping the floor or a tight two horse race?<P>Give it to about the 20 game stage and we'll see who's still up there then. Not sure if it will be us yet, we played well last night and Wayne Andrews has scored 9 in 9 games so it looks good on the attack, but we need to get some form going.<P>Just a couple of things I've got to respond to before I leave though:<P>Billericay, we didn't cheat you, you just couldn't beat us.<P>Braintree are still a good outfit even though our win doesn't suggest that.<P>Kingstonian are a better team then a lot of people think and will probably end up a top 6 squad.

offline ChrisA2002

ChrisA2002
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
He (Wayne Andrews) must be playing well to of got that many so far. <P>Always looked quick for Shots last season, but never seemed to have the finish. Created loads of chances with his pace, and I'm wasn't too sure we should of let him go, with 9 in 9, sounds like we definetly shouldn't of.<P>I agree a tight league is much more interesting ( but we all wouldn't mind if our side ran away with it!)<BR> images/icons/smile.gif" border="0

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
It never fails to amaze me of the number of indisputably good players , particularly strikers, who move to Aldershot and don't make the grade - they leave and seem to find their game again! What does this say - I don't know - is it the expectation the supporters have for wanting instant results -or finding themselves in front of 1,500 - 2,000 people, management tactics? Curious - interested to know what Shots supporters think? images/icons/confused.gif" border="0

offline ChrisA2002

ChrisA2002
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Ithink partly the pressure of expectation and the crowd has something to do with it.<P>Management shouldn't make that big a deal, and good strikers should profit at Shots. Just look at Gary Abbott for a case in point.<P>Perhaps it's also easier to be a bigger fish at a smaller club, in that you can shine better when the other players are not so consistently good.

offline SteveP

SteveP
  • Reserves Coach
I tend to find it is a real confidence thing.<P>The likes of Terry Bowes (Arsenal), Dwayne Plummer (Bristol City, now Bristol Rovers),Richard Graham (QPR), Steve Slade (QPR) and Wayne Andrews (Watford) all have started their careers brightly and then, somehow, ended up playing for us! I am sure you can all think of an example or two.<P>Steve Slade isn't right yet, but the fact QPR paid £1million for him means he must have had something about him at some stage that justified that fee.<P>Clubs like ours are a great place for players to rebuild their pride and be pro's again if they show the desire and ability, 3 clubs have already scouted our man Wayne. <P>I think it's just a bit less in the way of pressure and expectation, perhaps the players begin to enjoy the game a bit more too.

offline canfan

canfan
  • Reserves
Stevep how's the new boy Ekoku doing at Chesham? <BR>He moved from Sutton on a free transfer I hear!!

offline SteveP

SteveP
  • Reserves Coach
Ekoku is part of the squad but not really playing fulltime, he is being kept out by other members of the squad.<P>He played one full match up front and did okay, but I am not sure he will be here long!!

offline canfan

canfan
  • Reserves
Yeh he does suffer a bit with the injuries just like his brother Effan, when he plays though he does look good! When he came down ours last season for Sutton, (although we thrashed them), he was the danger man.Upset the ref a bit though and of course got some stick for it from us lot.<BR>Still good luck to him. <BR>You guys will be in the frame towards the end of the season I reckon.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
Chesham are one of my top tips for this season..i was very happy we got 3 points there (whatever the cirumstances images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0 )<BR>the boys from 'table one' may also be in the shake up at the end of the season...but gravesend images/icons/confused.gif" border="0 at thier best a top team,capable of beating anyone 'with some style', but the reason i can't rate em is a lack of strength in depth.. i really think they will struggle after xmas..sorry carjam

offline carjam

carjam
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Thanks all for at least not abusing this G & N supporter this time. Most of you though are not taking 'The Fleet' anywhere nearly seriously enough. Canvey, Aldershot and the other two teams from Essex are not the only contenders.<P>From the local press<P>They are expected to win it and the ground grading was the only thing in their way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus