Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-August 17 )

• Photo
    Historian

• Photo
    I am Spartacus

• Photo
    Ritchie

• Photo
    Monkey8

• Photo
    TowerHamletsAdam

• Photo
    ExCalibur

• Photo
    ExLandlord (HUFC)

Photo

Southport

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
36 replies to this topic

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
was jeff there?

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Didn't see him. Apparantly there was a Jeff King lookalike at Hornchurch yesterday.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
jeff is away on holiday for a week should be back by sat, i think its a joke that a manager can go away durin the season whats that all about?

offline Staying-up

Staying-up
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Brian Clough used to do it.

offline blooming barmy bongo

blooming barmy bongo
the things i want to know are why did their keeper not get sent off, if that was danny last season doing that he would of been sent off, and also their n0 5 baker should of been sent off, duffy got sent of for the same thing a crawley???. Also their big brute of number 6 should of been off as well, the amount of time he was holding keze, at least Jason gave him some of his own medicine back, hallet has amazing strength and we shoudl use him more often.

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
It would have been very harsh to send their keeper off, though I have seen them given. The ball had travelled quite a way past Ibe and the keeper when he was fouled and it was doubtful as whether a goal scoring opportunity would have arisen. Also, their centre back had tracked back making him the last man, not the keeper.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
having a week off during the season is what being part time is all about.. oh and having a decent coach ,and having players who are grown up enough to be able to play a game without having someone to hold their hand

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
was i the only person who was bored silly for the game, the 3 points are great but i hate opposition teams shouting 'boring boring Canvey'

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
it was a bit.. but ill take the 3 points from a team that will prob be in the lower half with us.. we can dish up the champagne football after christmas when we are 20 points off the drop zone.. ;-)..
having said that after saturday we are one point nearer the title!

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Totally agree with you Canv,our main priority is getting points on the board and moving up the league table. I don`t think we played a negative game it just wasn`t free flowing football. I know it sounds silly but at the moment i feel we have missed Duffy more than Boylan, his ability to get up and down the pitch gives us more options and opens up the play.

offline A Non E Mouse

A Non E Mouse
  • First XI - Sub
We weren't at our best but I feel we needed the three points more. However Southport, although lucky to have the keeper stay on, blasted a number of opportunities over and wide which could have cost us. Good saves by Mckinney.

I don't want to see us struggle like last year so grab the points whilst you can and bugger around later. I certainly feel that Ibe and Bimson have given us that edge we didn't have last season.

Ibe looks a class act and is strong on the ball. As said it may take a while for him and Lee to really combine.

Thought Sedgmore wasn't at his best yesterday and felt, if anywhere, a change in midfield would happen. Not sure why Bimson was taken off and why Tait eventually came on. Good goal by Jason who showed a lot of strength yesterday which I never really noticed last season. Also agree that we miss Duffers as another outlet for crosses coming from the other side rather than just relying on Clarke.

Hopefully we will raise our game and tempo on Tuesday against Stevenage who if given the opportunities Southport had will punish us.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
bimson probably came off cos he was knackered belting down the length of the pitch to overlap clarke who proceeded to ignore him.. plus all the shouting to chenners to switch it, who ignored him as well

offline TACKLE1000

TACKLE1000
At this stage it's all about getting the points, however we do it! How many times were we bored by teams beating us? Woking away for one. Lets get ten wins a few draws and push on for the last third of the season

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Agree. Get the points first and worry about entertaining later.

offline Staying-up

Staying-up
I think the ref got it right regarding sending off their keeper. In fact I thought the ref had a very good game and for once we had a ref who let the game flow.

On the whole we just baout deserved the 3 points. The cross from Clarke for Hallett's goal was sheer quality.
Also thought Gregory had a really good game and helped set up the 1st goal. It is good that we can still call on his services. He may not be able to play the whole 90 minutes but he can be a handful for the opponents when he is on the pitch.
It was a very important 3 points. Southport are a very average side and we need to be able to beat sides like them if we are to stay out of the relegation dog fight.

offline CIFCislander

CIFCislander
Quote:
TACKLE1000 said:
At this stage it's all about getting the points, however we do it! How many times were we bored by teams beating us? Woking away for one. Lets get ten wins a few draws and push on for the last third of the season

Spot on T1000

As Glen P said in the echo last week that they are working hard on the players to be tougher when things aren't going our way and need to gring out results. Games like the Woking and southport, last year we would of gone on to lose. I dont mind us playing a less attractive style of play if it means us getting more points on the boared.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
last season we hardly ever (if at all!!) came from behind to get a result.. thing are much better this season in that respect.. well done to the lads!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus