Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Southport

ronin

Didn't see him. Apparantly there was a Jeff King lookalike at Hornchurch yesterday.

the things i want to know are why did their keeper not get sent off, if that was danny last season doing that he would of been sent off, and also their n0 5 baker should of been sent off, duffy got sent of for the same thing a crawley???. Also their big brute of number 6 should of been off as well, the amount of time he was holding keze, at least Jason gave him some of his own medicine back, hallet has amazing strength and we shoudl use him more often.

It would have been very harsh to send their keeper off, though I have seen them given. The ball had travelled quite a way past Ibe and the keeper when he was fouled and it was doubtful as whether a goal scoring opportunity would have arisen. Also, their centre back had tracked back making him the last man, not the keeper.

Totally agree with you Canv,our main priority is getting points on the board and moving up the league table. I don`t think we played a negative game it just wasn`t free flowing football. I know it sounds silly but at the moment i feel we have missed Duffy more than Boylan, his ability to get up and down the pitch gives us more options and opens up the play.

We weren't at our best but I feel we needed the three points more. However Southport, although lucky to have the keeper stay on, blasted a number of opportunities over and wide which could have cost us. Good saves by Mckinney.

I don't want to see us struggle like last year so grab the points whilst you can and bugger around later. I certainly feel that Ibe and Bimson have given us that edge we didn't have last season.

Ibe looks a class act and is strong on the ball. As said it may take a while for him and Lee to really combine.

Thought Sedgmore wasn't at his best yesterday and felt, if anywhere, a change in midfield would happen. Not sure why Bimson was taken off and why Tait eventually came on. Good goal by Jason who showed a lot of strength yesterday which I never really noticed last season. Also agree that we miss Duffers as another outlet for crosses coming from the other side rather than just relying on Clarke.

Hopefully we will raise our game and tempo on Tuesday against Stevenage who if given the opportunities Southport had will punish us.

Agree. Get the points first and worry about entertaining later.

I think the ref got it right regarding sending off their keeper. In fact I thought the ref had a very good game and for once we had a ref who let the game flow.

On the whole we just baout deserved the 3 points. The cross from Clarke for Hallett's goal was sheer quality.

Also thought Gregory had a really good game and helped set up the 1st goal. It is good that we can still call on his services. He may not be able to play the whole 90 minutes but he can be a handful for the opponents when he is on the pitch.

It was a very important 3 points. Southport are a very average side and we need to be able to beat sides like them if we are to stay out of the relegation dog fight.

Quote:
TACKLE1000 said:
At this stage it's all about getting the points, however we do it! How many times were we bored by teams beating us? Woking away for one. Lets get ten wins a few draws and push on for the last third of the season

Spot on T1000

As Glen P said in the echo last week that they are working hard on the players to be tougher when things aren't going our way and need to gring out results. Games like the Woking and southport, last year we would of gone on to lose. I dont mind us playing a less attractive style of play if it means us getting more points on the boared.