Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-September 17 )

• Photo
    GaryFB

• Photo
    Harry J Allstars

• Photo
    PJ!

• Photo
    Jenko

• Photo
    NelsonM

• Photo
    RamsgateMICK

• Photo
    roxya

enfield on the move?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
6 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
a little bird tells me that the remains of southbury road, which have been lying in containers for three years, are finally being shifted from cheshunts ground.
a few rather overweight enfield lads were seen picking through whats left this morning (sunday)....a few moldie old chairs and tables from the starlight rooms along with a couple of rusting turnstiles were all that could be seen (as cheshunt have helped themselves to anything of value seeing as no rent was ever payed for leaving it all there).
where can it all be going? to refurbish a new home? or are borehamwood to be the new custodians of these club assets?
any suggestions?

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
As one of the "few overweight enfield lads" I would just like to say that saveing money from getting rid of the containers that are still there are costing the club a lot of money that could be spent better else where like on the team for one! Hove you any idea how much it cost to keep just one of them a mounth??? And as for being overweight what on earth has that got to with you? Or the fact that A few of us overweight people in the world are clearing out a container???

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
oops, sorry pal, i was just told that the guys doing the sifting were a little on the err... XXL side. nothing personal.
the point was , not the size of the shifters but where this stuff was going? i'm sure those containers do cost a lot (in fact i'd imagine it would have been cheaper to buy them in the first place...another astute buisness move by the chairman) but are you therefore saying you are dumping all this gear rather than continue to keep paying for its storage?

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
All the enfield pictures, old programes, videos and any thing else that holds sentamental vaule and part of enfields history is being saved, the chairs and tables are passed saveing! After a year and half it was tim to clear it out and save a bit of money.

offline Freebird

Freebird
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
When you say pictures i am still looking for some that i donated to the club and were hanging in the bar.

4 Framed A4 team photo and Programme cover for the two Amateur Cup wins at Wembley and the two Trophy games there as well.

Any sign of them, when I last asked no one had any idea were they were.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
yeah, and i dropped 10p down the back of one of those seats...

offline Cyclops

Cyclops
  • First XI - Sub
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by nobby:
<strong>yeah, and i dropped 10p down the back of one of those seats...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you're replying to Freebird, I know what he's talking about. They looked pretty good too. I would have thought they would have gone wherever the other team photos that were on the wall went.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus