Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

One for pabird

Here's an absolute shocker on the BBC News site today.

A judge has ruled that a failed asylum seeker from Zimbabwe cannot be deported back to Zim, even though it is acknowledged that his claim was dishonest and fraudulent.

The "reasoning" is that his life would be in danger from the regime in Zim if he was returned there, even though it was not before he attempted to enter the UK. He is apparently liable to be persecuted because he attempted to seek asylum in the UK.....

The relevant minister has said that this drives "a coach and horses through the entire system".

So, you can come and tell a pack of porkies and hope for asylum. It doesn't matter if you're found out, though, because you can't be sent back because they'll persecute you for trying it on.

Is this madness, or what?

Is this madness, or what?

No it is the state telling us "we know best" irrespective of the vast majority of the community shouting "enough enough"

Ill have a little bet that a farmer (5th to 7th generation) on the run from same regime would not have got such a favourable response

Did not Bliar and Blunket promise to personally deal with this illegal madness in gaining access to GB

Very dicey situation.

I'm afraid its a bit like the 'Chicken or the Egg' syndrome !

Strange it could happen this way, when there have been cases of people.. erm.. me.. who came over for a visit, with all the paperwork in place. There was proof of a return ticket, proof of a job waiting when I returned, etc.. and still the woman who checked me through immigration at the airport interrogated me for 3 hours, thinking I was sneaking in to be illegal, and no amount of proof and honesty was going to sway her! Maybe the moral of the story is it is easier to get into a country if you are from a third world country and lie alot?

I can imagine you did. We went through all sorts of runaround when we were getting hubby's visas sorted. There are thousands upon thousands of illegals living and working here, who had no hassle. We want to make everything legal, and it becomes a big ordeal. Perhaps the key to getting to live in any country is to be third world and lie on your application?