Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

York 2-1 Canvey

donaldinho

Unlucky today. Thought you looked a competent and well organised side. We were well below par, but that probably had a lot to do with the fact that you shackled us so well, and never let our players get into their rhythm.

Boylan didn't have the best of games but I understand he's coming back from an injury but I thought Tait made a difference for you when he came on and looked a good little link-man.

Your midfielders also did a good job on Convery and Dunning, although I did think Minton's challenge on Panther in the first half looked a very poor one. That said, the referee was utterly hopeless today and seemed to have left his cards at home.

Felt for your 'keeper at the end but thought we just about shaded it, in terms of attacking intent. Also a word about your fans: great support but cymbals at a football match?

All the best for the rest of the season.

Thought we played really well but to be honest Richard's error cost us the game. I won't moan too much because he has been brilliant for us and the lad looked devestated at the end. Hope he recovers from that to show his true form.

Dom once again was outstanding and didn't put a foot wrong. How good was Jason's finish? He took it so confidently and will go down as one of the great moments of the season.

Thought overall it was a great trip and managed to do a couple of pubs before the game which was great.

Not too disheartened about today's action.

Well done to the lads today, a good battling performance. As Donaldson says, we were unlucky as we had a few good opportunities in the second half. Their keeper made a great save from Ibe after an attempted lob.

When they scored we didn't give up, and Hallett came on and scored a cracker. I was pleased to see that Boylan came off instead of Ibe as he wasn't quite firing.

Another injury as Wardy went down and had to be replaced by Bimmo, who isn't 100% himself.

A shame to concede how we did, but Richard has been magnificent all season and has kept us in games in the past, so I don't attach any blame to himself whatsoever, I'm sure he can't wait for Burnham now to show what he can do.

Well done to the Yellow Army, just wish we could have had more than 10 of the 61 that travelled singing.

Just read the York forum and it sounds like we put up another decent display yesterday, even after going behind at the death we didn`t give up and had one more chance which sadly didn`t go in. Looking forward to seeing Hallett`s goal on the highlights, sounds like a good finish.

Well done to all who travelled yesterday, you even got some praise from York.

"Got to salute the Canvey Island fans - 60 odd people can make a LOT of noise. Left the ground with a headache - three drummers and a trumpet player saw to that" !

As I said on the other thread, the people of York we the friendliest we've encountered this year, and put that with the great city they live in I certainly hope they don't go up so we can go there next year! The clapped when the away attendance of 61 was announced, as did Mario and a couple other players which was appreciated.

Quote:
ronin said:

"Got to salute the Canvey Island fans - 60 odd people can make a LOT of noise. Left the ground with a headache - three drummers and a trumpet player saw to that" !

There were five drummers!!!

Quote:
The Great Eckscape said:
As I said on the other thread, the people of York we the friendliest we've encountered this year, and put that with the great city they live in I certainly hope they don't go up so we can go there next year! The clapped when the away attendance of 61 was announced, as did Mario and a couple other players which was appreciated.

Not only the fans but the bar staff in the Bootham Tavern who were very friendly and had no problems with us using the pool table.

Well done to the 61 that made the long journey up. A few of you came in the White Horse before the match and were a good bunch. Not sure about the plastic seagulls though lads!

All the best for the rest of the season.

Quote:
York said:
A few of you came in the White Horse before the match and were a good bunch.

Yep that was our little motley crew. Got a few weird looks walking up the street with a load of drums. Thanks for making us feel so welcome.

a link to a local York match report

This is York

McKinney im guessing had a bad game as he is discribed in this York local paper hapless.

over all they say

Match rating: A poor match in which City struggled to reproduce their best form and Canvey deserved a point for a determined display.