Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ryman NLOTN

Difficult to say...<P>Aldershot have a ground which, if a bit old is up to the Conference standard. Pasties are nice.<P>Bedford's is okay for a country ground. Supporters are nice, burgers are not.<P>Braintree's isn't bad and looks up to standard. Playing area looks quite good. Burgers are average, beer okay, supporters...<P>Kingstonian is the best ground I've visited so far but the pitch is looking ropey. Burgers okay, beer okay.<P>Purfleet....? Playing area small but the ground is okay. Home of the famous "Fleet burger", beer is sh*t!!!<P>Heybridge....? Soup's okay, bar is a "hole".<P>Canvey.... a S**t hole... but beer and food at the bar is tops (cheese and oinion torpedo).<P>Billericay, New Lodge.... CENTRE OF THE BLOODY UNIVERSE (even though burgers come second to the famous "Fleet Burger")<P>(hee, hee, hee, hee and titter)....

i rated heybridge .. sure the bar is like someones front room but for a early or late season game you could grab a few beers n sit on that nice grassy bit out in front of the patio doors (i kid you not) n get on it for a fwe hours before kick off.. very civilised .. well it would be if they let you take beer outside mad.gif" border="0 . purfleet is an ok 'stadium' but the bar is a bit detached and boring i like billericay's ground .. grays i last went to on a [****!!****] winters nite n it was desolate.. but having said that still resembled a proper ground and if you could get a big crowd in could generate some atmosphere down the side opposite the flats

Billericay's ground is OK but the service in the burger bar is the worst I have experienced. When we played there last Christmas it took over 20 minutes to get a burger. The old dear behing the counter took an order, then went off and cooked it, came back to give it to the customer and then took the next order.<P>Our ground may be up to the required standard, but we don't kid ourselves that it is the best in the league. However, that said, if you want to learn how to serve a big queue of thirsty drinkers with speed, efficiency and civility, come and watch Debbie at work.<P>Come to think of it, come and watch Debbie anyway.<P>The bacon burgers are good and so are the chips. Service is good.<P>Purfleet may have a brand new clubhouse, but it reminds me of the waiting room at Southend hospital - so clinical and no atmosphere.<P>Merv

Ah well in another unbiased opinion only a few of you on this board have yet to travel to the revamped and now conference-standard stonebridge road! (or maine road as its now known wink.gif" border="0) weve got terracing all the way around three sides (none of those simple railings anywhere), and the main stand with the new proper plastic fold up seats (embarrassing to get so worked up about such a thing) great new terracing all along one side, the famed Grassy Knoll has gone, and the completely new playing surface is like green carpet smile.gif" border="0 rooves are still tatty looking, and other parts of the ground are showing their definate age. in quality it cant match a lot of grounds but in size it fairs pretty well. and if you think a purfleet fleet burgers nice.....try a fleet fleet burger!

The Meadow isn't perfect, but I love it.<P>I know there are grounds with more cover, more seats and better facilities. But the Meadow is the most picture-esque ground, set in the Valley the ground just seems to blend in to the landscape. Jeez, I should be an Estate Agent.<P>Yeah, you'll also find Chesham offers a pretty good burger. The bar is pretty good in terms of variety, but is in need of rebuilding, just trying to find a spare £200,000 to pay for it, anyone got this money going spare?<P>Grounds I like in this league are Kingstonian and St Albans, St Albans looked nicer before they put all that perimeter stuff up, I know, it's neccessary.<P>I thoroughly dislike Grays and Croydon. Horrible journeys to grounds which look like Football should never been played there. I really hate those grounds, no I mean it, Croydon staying up last year was the greatest disaster of the season.

As the 'new kids on the block' you have to appreciate that our club is still making progress in non league football, which means that the new 500 seats to be added along one side of the ground will enhance an already attractive ground. I would think most players would consider our playing surface to be second to none in this division as our results would indicate!!!As we didn't have the pleasure of competing against most of your sides last season it is a while since we saw some of your grounds but understand Canvey have done plenty of work to improve what was a wet day out(Insufficient cover).Some supporters seem to not enjoy coming to Braintree but I can't think why unless it's the lack of points they can take with them(o.k.Gazza) shocked.gif" border="0 blush.gif" border="0 blush.gif" border="0 <P>BTFC born and inbred.

Iron Maiden<P>Canveys ground was lacking last year, It has to be the bleakest too, perched by the sea wall. Contrary to what the Canvey people are saying, I believe a clubs infrastructure is at least as important as paying big wages to ex Southend pros.<BR>Unlike an ageing footballer, the money spent on the ground is there to utilise years down the track. Full marks to the Braintree board in matching progress on the field with ground development. Its the sign of sound long term planning by the club. <BR>Gravesend have a great ground, though when i was last there in 1997 it looked tired. The burgers were also the most disgusting i've ever tasted, but then i like a bit of salad and onions (which there weren't any available at the latter part of the interval), maybe the caterers have been sacked since then coz two burgers in a dry bun with watered down tom sauce is not my idea of a gastronomic treat.<BR>Hmmm! Now who else can i rubbish, well the Bedford burger was actually on a par with the fleet '97 effort, despite the Italian chef promising it'd be the best i'll ever taste (not).<BR>Good luck tonight all the Essec clubs except Purfleet of course. smile.gif" border="0 wink.gif" border="0 tongue.gif" border="0 cool.gif" border="0 rolleyes.gif" border="0 shocked.gif" border="0

I too agree with the earlier posting re the "trammers" - nice enough supporters sorry supporter - but if they thought that the idea of an unfriendly ground was worth a point surely it must now be clear to them - even they can't play on it!!<P>Don't know about selling programmes - fog horns would be of more use!! shocked.gif" border="0

Just got to agree with the earlier comments about Croydon. The journey there is a nightmare, especially a 7:30pm mid-week game. When you get there the bars resemble Co-op Funeral Services Chapel of Rest. The big-screen TV is alright, though. <P>Then you go out into the stadium. I know bad language is edited on this board, but GOSH. What a frightfully awful place. Even Park Lane looks like Villa Park compared to this place. Have you ever seen a pitch so far away from the terraces? Southend beach at low tide is closer to the sea than this. Even the ball boys have to be substituted when they get too knackered to carry on.<P>No doubt this will upset the Trams faithfull, so I am expecting <B>all of them</B> to rush to the defence of their beloved ground - even the saddo with the school bell who launches into Nesum Dorma every time his team scores.<P>Their burgers are the cheapest in the league but here is tip for you. Put some ketchup on the serviette and eat that. You'll save a quid and never know the difference.<P>And they are Canvey's bogey team. Yes. It was a sad day when they escaped from relegation last season.