Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

BBC Sports coverage on local radio

Again this week we have a situation where we are getting occassional comments on Grays V Scarborough, Morcambe V Daggers, York v Canvey and Colchester V Bournmouth.

We do have live commentary on that famous Essex team West Ham.

I have the names of over 150 people who agree this is a disgrace and I am therefore going to suggest the following action to those people.

(1) We write formally to the DG.

(2) We write to the PM objecting to local radio stations large budgets.

(3) We ask that our local MP's request a refund on license fee as Essex licenses are subsidising east London coverage.

(4) We will ask under the Freedom of Information Act for a copy of the minutes of meetings where the decision was made to allow one BBC local radio station to target another areas audience. BBC Essex is competing with BBC London.

(5)I intend to contact other radio stations informing them of the situation.

I will be posting this message on all Essex teams websites asking supporters to tune into alternative stations.

How can small teams in Essex develop if they do not even get a mention on our local radio.

We want BBC ESSEX for ESSEX not West Ham.

Support local football phone the BBC.

BBC Essex have responded to my suggestion for a boycott. Their is response is long and boring and in my opinion factually incorrect so in the best traditions of the BBC I am going to serialise it.

Episode 1

"Half their season ticket holders have Essex addresses, there are supporters clubs in Clacton and Braintree and there's at least one shop in the county, at Lakeside".

OK then feature Man Utd as the same goes for them.

Episode 2 Coming soon.

I cant wait to show you the bit where they have a dig at Daggers.