Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-November 17 )

• Photo
    Tommy Collins

• Photo
    stuieboy

BBC Sports coverage on local radio

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
3 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Again this week we have a situation where we are getting occassional comments on Grays V Scarborough, Morcambe V Daggers, York v Canvey and Colchester V Bournmouth.

We do have live commentary on that famous Essex team West Ham.

I have the names of over 150 people who agree this is a disgrace and I am therefore going to suggest the following action to those people.

(1) We write formally to the DG.
(2) We write to the PM objecting to local radio stations large budgets.
(3) We ask that our local MP's request a refund on license fee as Essex licenses are subsidising east London coverage.
(4) We will ask under the Freedom of Information Act for a copy of the minutes of meetings where the decision was made to allow one BBC local radio station to target another areas audience. BBC Essex is competing with BBC London.
(5)I intend to contact other radio stations informing them of the situation.

I will be posting this message on all Essex teams websites asking supporters to tune into alternative stations.

How can small teams in Essex develop if they do not even get a mention on our local radio.

We want BBC ESSEX for ESSEX not West Ham.

Support local football phone the BBC.

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Isn't Dagenham a London Borough? Certainly Redbridge is!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
BBC Essex have responded to my suggestion for a boycott. Their is response is long and boring and in my opinion factually incorrect so in the best traditions of the BBC I am going to serialise it.

Episode 1
"Half their season ticket holders have Essex addresses, there are supporters clubs in Clacton and Braintree and there's at least one shop in the county, at Lakeside".

OK then feature Man Utd as the same goes for them.

Episode 2 Coming soon.

I cant wait to show you the bit where they have a dig at Daggers.

offline Harry J Allstars

Harry J Allstars
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Show me now?

I can't wait for episode two, when does it air?

The fact of the matter is they're not in Essex so when other Essex clubs are playing they should be given preference.

The whole thing makes me sick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus