Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Team at the Mo

Phil Old Boy

Most of us have our own ideas on team selection.

Observations so far are:

Minton is well passed his sell by date and is being carried by the team. I believe his contract ends this season and he should be on the bench at most now.

After being switched from time to time from the left to the right during the years, Duffy again finds himself on the right. He is doing okay but it’s not his best position. We are used to seeing those long legs running at defences.

From what I have seen, perhaps Tait could do a job just behind the front two which should at present be Ibe and Hallett. Lee seems to have lost that something and perhaps to come off the bench in the next few games may change things around for him, and us.

Would try Danny in goal just for a change. The other keepers should expect to rotate what with 3 good un’s in the squad.

Although his distribution is not great, perhaps would like to see Sterling in a defensive midfield position.

Should bring in Conroy now at the back. He’s young but will have to break through sometime. Hopefully, he has got some speed and will help get us out of trouble when they are attacking.

I agree there P.O.B, i also feel the same way about minton. From what i have seen of conroy in the friendlies he certainly did have the pace. my back four would be sterling bunce bimson and conroy with mario keeling duffy and sedge in midfield and tait/boylan and ibe/halett up front, woudl still keep mckinney in goal, but from time to time swap for potter

Thought some of the problems that arose Sat/Tues were down to players being out of position.

Not keen on Clarke dropping to left back. Bimson, when fit, links well with whomever runs that wing - Clarke or Keeling. I just feel Keeling is a stronger player and his success rate at beating players is far greater. If Bimson isn't fit get Sterling to cover on the left and use someone else more centrally.

I feel Mario would be more effective playing more central as he didn't make much of an impact when going wide. I do feel IMHO that we have missed Sedgemore in the middle - however, I find him a tad inconsistent. When he has time and space he controls the game well but when under a lot of pressure is easily dispossesed. Agree with your comments regards Mints. Would like to see Mario given a fair chance in that position but I think the mangement preference is for Mints. Playing Mario and Mints together forced Mario wider which didn't help him or the team.

I feel Duffers is holding his own on that wing and is linking up well with JK. If Duffers moved to the other wing You'd have to move Keeling, or Clarke, to get a balance and I feel this may unbalance us more.

Would like to see Potter have another start and agree that there should be some rotation.

Bimson and Sterling to start in the back four with possibly Mcghee. Haven't had the opportunity to see Conroy so can't comment.

Assuming Bimson is still injured.

gk-potter

rb-wardy

lb-sterling

cb-bunce

cb-chenery

lm-keeling

rm-duffy

cm-sedgemore

cm-noto

f-boylan

f-ibe

With Chenners, Tait, Minton/Hallet on the bench.

I would put Clarke on the right for Hornchurch.

Quote:
Linneycifc said:
i think another option would be to stick 5 in midfield (boring tactics i know) but as shown in recent performances the midfield seem to go missing

Interesting as I believe thoughts a while ago mentioned to have 4 at the back. If there were 3, would need two of those to be super quick to get us out of trouble with the pace that most teams have up front nowadays.

The great combo was a back three of Ward, Chenery, Bodley, then Duffy and Kennedy tucking in on the left and right and operating as wing backs.

my only problem with bimsom being in the team is that he looks great for 60 mins then cos of his age etc wingers seem to be able to skin him quite easily in the last 30 mins

Potter

Ward Mcghee Sterling Bimson

Duffy Noto Sedgemore Keeling

Ibe Hallett

I would normally go for Mckinney in goal but ever since york he has looked a compleatly different keeper so Potter back in goal for me.

Have chose Ibe & Hallett upfront as they are the best strikers on form at the moment.

Noto deserves his chance and we miss Sedgemore when he isnt playing as he sits back and plays the holding role.