Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-September 17 )

• Photo
    GaryFB

• Photo
    Harry J Allstars

• Photo
    PJ!

• Photo
    Jenko

• Photo
    NelsonM

• Photo
    RamsgateMICK

• Photo
    roxya

the manager

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
8 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
HAS Terry Back had enough time at the club to show what he can do? If no then how long should he be given? If yes ,then who would be his ideal replacement.My own opinion is that Terry should be given until xmas to get us out of trouble.It would be nice if we could discuss this in a sensible manner.What do you all think?

offline Robert G

Robert G
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
To be fair and honest, I would have to say within the next 3 games we need to get a min of 6 points. We are playing Hampton who are bottom, Ricky and Braintree and ok both away from home but still 6/7 points I think can be got if not..... then I think it's time Terry consider his position at the club.

offline syrup

syrup
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Twitter
I think he should go now he has had more than enough games to get his squad together and the results are still not going our way, it is no good saying it's bad luck it's not it is down to the way the team train & play. Terry just dose not seem to get the team to believe they are good enough (and some are not) it's all right having some great players witch we have but they don't seem to be able to play as a team. But that is only my opinion and it dose not mater what we think he will still be in charge even if we go down at the end of the season

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sirop:</font><hr />
I think he should go now he has had more than enough games to get his squad together and the results are still not going our way, it is no good saying it's bad luck it's not it is down to the way the team train & play. Terry just dose not seem to get the team to believe they are good enough (and some are not) it's all right having some great players witch we have but they don't seem to be able to play as a team. But that is only my opinion and it dose not mater what we think he will still be in charge even if we go down at the end of the season

<hr></blockquote>

I know I haven't attended any games. However, surely a manager cannot be judged on the basis of just two -three months. It sounds like although you've had a few bad results, you've also had a few better ones. Considering the low wage budget and general lack of cash and the fact you've got a new manager and players it will take time to improve. Clearly, you will be involved in a relegation battle but it is by no means certain that you will go down. From a selfish point of view that would be a shame because all ETFC fans would relish the prospect of two local derbys next season (as long as we also win our league).

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
We will still be a division apart, at best, Mr H

offline Tom S

Tom S
  • Reserves Coach
Not so.

The ESL and the Ryman Premier both feed into Ryman 1 North and South. If (and it's a big if) ETFC win the league, EFC finish in the bottom four and Brimsdown gets its grading the two clubs will both be in Division 1. Logic says that both would go into the Northern division but this is the Ryman League we're talking about.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I bow to your superior Ryman knowledge, my fellow Towner, but I think I'm losing the plot here. Premier, Div 1 N&S agreed, but what about the current Div 2. Where for art do Leyton and co go in the scheme of things? I did not study at Ryman school last season, my camera-lens buddy.

offline Fruitbat

Fruitbat
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Okay imitation boy !

FOUR teams are relegated from Div1 N&S, obviously TWO from each.

TWO Clubs are automatically promoted from Div 2, IF there ground is NOW up to standard.

The remaining TWO Div 1 places are allocated to TWo of the CCl, ESL and South Mid Champions, again IF there grounds are up to scratch.

The rumours about Ground Sharing being a NONO, I am led to believe these rumours are Groundless !!

HA HA HA Gettit !!!

P.S As for Terry Back, Give him more time as he has Sodall to work with, although I do earnestly believe that the New Local, Well Local for ETFC anyhow, Derby match is a goer for next season !!!!

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom S:</font><hr />
Not so.

The ESL and the Ryman Premier both feed into Ryman 1 North and South. If (and it's a big if) ETFC win the league, EFC finish in the bottom four and Brimsdown gets its grading the two clubs will both be in Division 1. Logic says that both would go into the Northern division but this is the Ryman League we're talking about.

<hr></blockquote>

I disagree that this is a "big if". ETFC have an excellent chance of winning the ESL next season. I am sure that the ground will be up to scratch. The least certain thing is whether EFC will go down. However, with four down, who knows?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus