Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

mascot

Just a thought while i was showering (and thats not a pretty site), but wouldn't it be a good idea seeing as we are losing fans, to get all the local primary schools to enter a competition to name the mascot, each child that enters is then given a voucher for kids for free and mum/dad in for a fiver. The winner then gets a free family ticket and a photo with the team and mascot, and also get the local press involved to promote it more.

The mascot would be a good idea to take around to Primary schools in and around Canvey. We really need to start giving these kids free tickets. It makes so much sense, for every kid that goes free there is bound to be a full paying adult.

I also reckon that the kids in secondary schools are gonna be interested in a free football match, especially if we send a couple of players along to take a PE lesson once a month. I feel that we are missing so many marketing opportunities.

If they come for just one game and see entertainment like they did at the Morecambe match they'll be back.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
The Great Eckscape said:
The mascot would be a good idea to take around to Primary schools in and around Canvey. We really need to start giving these kids free tickets. It makes so much sense, for every kid that goes free there is bound to be a full paying adult.

With the "Kids 4 a Quid" back for the Tamworth game what a great opportunity to introduce our newest fan at this game..........???? the Gull.

I can just see ???? the Gull outside Penn Sports and Nationwide Building Society (our league sponsors) inviting the local youngsters to Park Lane for £1 and a photo with the team or mascot or both.

I applaud the club for any reduction in entrance fees and i feel as supporters we can play our part as per so many suggestions on this Forum with regards to Fly-posting, Leaflet drops, Shop window posters and Fund Raising.

The club has the minimum of Official personnel running the day to day admin' of the club and any help from the supporters is of course greatly appreciated because we are still a part-time team boxing well above our weight.

The ideas/suggestions and the efforts of a few passionate people on here does make a massive difference and the recent enthusiasm demonstrated by everyone involved with the drums, the flags, the badges, and the supporters team, can be extended to the new mascot who should be well advertised in the press and local schools and shops for the benefit of the club.

Any help with the above please?

We love you ???? the Gull .....we do.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS.....!!!