Jump to content

Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-October 17 )

  • Photo
    HelenC

    Age: 36

  • Photo
    chelseaboy

    Age: 53


barnet/enfield

- - - - -

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
regular view basic view
57 replies to this topic

#1
offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
    Offline
  • Joined: --
i came along to see enfield a few years back and the potential was the same as that at barnet and i would have liked to have seen enfield go all the way to the league take a look at barnet and that is what could and should have been wher abouts is the ground now and how far away from the old one is it

#2
offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
    Offline
  • Posts: 5,544
  • Joined: 7 Dec 2002
Enfield were always the bigger side than Barnet.In the last 20 years,Barnet fc had good luck (the barry Fry era..etc).Enfield Fc's luck at the crossroads of their rise was always against us. Not being promoted into the football league when we won the conference.Not being promoted into the conference when we won the Ryman premier.Aquiring a Chairman who sold the stadium to property developers,with no intention of ever finding another ground. With luck like that ,you can't fight it idenfinatly. <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif" alt="" />

#3
offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
    Offline
  • Posts: 1,982
  • Joined: 10 Nov 2004
I think the answers to the original question are 'Brimsdown', and not very far. Bottom of Green Street to be precise.

#4
offline Ponders Ender

Ponders Ender
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
    Offline
  • Posts: 362
  • Joined: 9 Feb 2005
Depends which enfield he wants to watch ware f c is the other alternative

#5
offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
    Offline
  • Joined: --
Quote:
Ponders Ender said:
Depends which enfield he wants to watch ware f c is
the other alternative

only interested in the original enfield thats the only one as ar as im concerned ,but meaning no disrespect to anyone else

#6
offline Southport - TOWNER

Southport - TOWNER
  • National Squad - 1st XI
    Offline
  • Posts: 7,732
  • Joined: 7 Mar 2003
  • Location: OLD WHEATSHEAF
  • Supports: TOWNERS
  • Facebook
well good luck in finding the "original" enfield, i think you will find they left the boro' years ago and have not been seen since...........

however if it is football in Enfield you were looking for then, SOB is correct, it is alive and kicking just off Green St ENFIELD

#7
offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
    Offline
  • Posts: 5,544
  • Joined: 7 Dec 2002
Quote:
bs4gas said:
Quote:
Ponders Ender said:
Depends which enfield he wants to watch ware f c is
the other alternative

only interested in the original enfield thats the only one as ar as im concerned ,but meaning no disrespect to anyone else


The original Enfield is no more my friend. meaning no disrepect to anyone involved with EFC.

#8
offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
    Offline
  • Joined: --
thanks for the info ,it is the team that play at ware fc now then by the seems of things,can anyone tell me where ware fc is in relation to enfield

#9
offline MbrunoB

MbrunoB
  • National Squad - 1st XI
    Offline
  • Posts: 7,047
  • Joined: 26 Sep 2003
  • Location: Where Tip cat is a sin
  • Supports: ETFC, ETLFC, ARSENAL, YB SK Beveren & The Wonderful World of MOD
  • Foes: SCUMMERS you know who you are!!
  • Fav. Player(s): Dennis Bergkamp + Claire Gooch ;-)
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Speedway & Darts
  • Twitter
13 miles up the A10 and in the wrong county!! <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/boxing.gif" alt="" />

#10
offline Enfield Horn

Enfield Horn
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
    Offline
  • Posts: 781
  • Joined: 7 Nov 2005
come y E's we will back in the boro soon, then we will see that the real Enfield is back, no disrepect to ETFC. The Enfield Horn has finally taken the field and will tomorrow at Potters Bar.

#11
offline Bad_Egg

Bad_Egg
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
    Offline
  • Posts: 525
  • Joined: 14 Aug 2005
Quote:
lovely stuff said:
Quote:
bs4gas said:
Quote:
Ponders Ender said:
Depends which enfield he wants to watch ware f c is
the other alternative

only interested in the original enfield thats the only one as ar as im concerned ,but meaning no disrespect to anyone else


The original Enfield is no more my friend. meaning no disrepect to anyone involved with EFC.


total bollox again we are the original enfield we never went bust just sum ex bored members couldnt bully lazarou into doin wot they wanted so they went like rats leavin a sinkin ship and formed there own club meanin no disrespect to any townies of course

#12
offline Bad_Egg

Bad_Egg
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
    Offline
  • Posts: 525
  • Joined: 14 Aug 2005
Quote:
Sponsor of Beer said:
I think the answers to the original question are 'Brimsdown', and not very far. Bottom of Green Street to be precise.


i fink the answer is u bore off fella

#13
offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
    Offline
  • Posts: 2,678
  • Joined: 27 Apr 2005
Quote:
Bad Egg said:
Quote:
lovely stuff said:
Quote:
bs4gas said:
Quote:
Ponders Ender said:
Depends which enfield he wants to watch ware f c is
the other alternative

only interested in the original enfield thats the only one as ar as im concerned ,but meaning no disrespect to anyone else


The original Enfield is no more my friend. meaning no disrepect to anyone involved with EFC.


total bollox again we are the original enfield we never went bust just sum ex bored members couldnt bully lazarou into doin wot they wanted so they went like rats leavin a sinkin ship and formed there own club meanin no disrespect to any townies of course


Bad Egg...
You talk absolute bollox.
If you had been involved in EFC during the years of Lazo / Enfield Council etc, you would know exactly what went on.
Your stupid comments prove that you know nothing of this period of EFC or why ETFC was formed.
Get your facts right before you come back with another stupid comment. <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/boxing.gif" alt="" />

#14
offline Bad_Egg

Bad_Egg
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
    Offline
  • Posts: 525
  • Joined: 14 Aug 2005
yawn yawn yawn truth is u lot [****!!****] off and left the rest of us in the lurch funny how u got ur senior status so quickly care to explain how that can happen no i thought not why dont u do us all a favour old towner and bore your fellow townies on your own forum and dont worry im not goin to go on yours coz its borin as [****!!****] all u lot ever talk about is bread puddin and womens football now naff off

#15
offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
    Offline
  • Posts: 2,678
  • Joined: 27 Apr 2005
Quote:
Bad Egg said:
yawn yawn yawn truth is u lot [****!!****] off and left the rest of us in the lurch funny how u got ur senior status so quickly care to explain how that can happen no i thought not why dont u do us all a favour old towner and bore your fellow townies on your own forum and dont worry im not goin to go on yours coz its borin as [****!!****] all u lot ever talk about is bread puddin and womens football now naff off


Thanks,
You just proved my point....you know nothing about the history of EFC or the formation of ETFC.
I, like a lot of other Town supporters, have never been anti EFC. In fact if you look on various threads I have wished them luck, apart from games against Town.
Your stupid comments just prove my point.
You are a complete pratt with no knowledge. <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/boxing.gif" alt="" />

#16
offline Bad_Egg

Bad_Egg
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
    Offline
  • Posts: 525
  • Joined: 14 Aug 2005
wots there to know there was a trust set up i woz a member we were advised to vote for a new club. so wot. the vote woz a sham everybody knew bforehand that the club woz gonna be formed i remember tom tellin me at hitchin 3 months before the end of the season. so how many other people were told wot woz gonna happen and voted accordinly now tell me why it is that sponsor of beer and others keep comin on this forum and talk rubbish about our finances and players i know who sponser of beer is and a man in his position shood keep his mouth shut especially with your past record of talkin about other clubs

now tell me this how cum u got senior status so quickly?

oh yeah ive been goin to watch enfield since the sixties so dont tell me i dont know about efc history coz wot i dont know aint worth knowin and wot u know is two bob in comparisun



#17
offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
    Offline
  • Posts: 5,544
  • Joined: 7 Dec 2002
Quote:
Bad Egg said:
Quote:
lovely stuff said:
Quote:
bs4gas said:
Quote:
Ponders Ender said:
Depends which enfield he wants to watch ware f c is
the other alternative

only interested in the original enfield thats the only one as ar as im concerned ,but meaning no disrespect to anyone else


The original Enfield is no more my friend. meaning no disrepect to anyone involved with EFC.


total bollox again we are the original enfield we never went bust just sum ex bored members couldnt bully lazarou into doin wot they wanted so they went like rats leavin a sinkin ship and formed there own club meanin no disrespect to any townies of course


Vertually no fans or officials remain form the original Enfield fc.The clubs heartbeat (its Stadium) has gone.The repuation of being a top non league side has gone.The club no long plays in the top two levels of non league (as they did for the rest of their history).The club no longer field top flight players.The club no longer play in ENFIELD.

I'm sorry,but only the design of the badge and the name Enfield fc seem familiar. In every other respect,the club bears NO resemblance AT ALL to the team that played at Southbury Rd .


PS..Saying this, does not mean that i don't respect the current club, or its supporters.

#18
offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
    Offline
  • Posts: 5,544
  • Joined: 7 Dec 2002
Quote:
Bad Egg said:
wots there to know there was a trust set up i woz a member we were advised to vote for a new club. so wot. the vote woz a sham everybody knew bforehand that the club woz gonna be formed i remember tom tellin me at hitchin 3 months before the end of the season. so how many other people were told wot woz gonna happen and voted accordinly now tell me why it is that sponsor of beer and others keep comin on this forum and talk rubbish about our finances and players i know who sponser of beer is and a man in his position shood keep his mouth shut especially with your past record of talkin about other clubs

now tell me this how cum u got senior status so quickly?

oh yeah ive been goin to watch enfield since the sixties so dont tell me i dont know about efc history coz wot i dont know aint worth knowin and wot u know is two bob in comparisun



Bad egg. I think a lot of people have been very forgiving in accepting the decision of yourself (and a few others), to carry on with EFC.AGAINST the wishes of 78% of ENFIELD FC supporters.Not Town supporters,fellow EFC supporters.

#19
offline Jim Cunneen

Jim Cunneen
  • Reserves Coach
    Offline
  • Posts: 1,328
  • Joined: 22 Oct 2001
  • Location: Quedgeley, Gloucs
  • Supports: Shortwood Utd, ETFC
  • Foes: Witney, Bitton
  • Fav. Player(s): Andy Hoskins,
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket
Why dont you all grow up and move on. There is absolutely No point in dragging all this up again. Both clubs exist quite peacefully most of the time until this extremely small minority stir it all up again.

Let it lie for goodness sake.

Jim
<img src="/forum/images/graemlins/diskussion.gif" alt="" />
<img src="/forum/images/graemlins/icon_smokin.gif" alt="" />

#20
offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
    Offline
  • Posts: 5,544
  • Joined: 7 Dec 2002
Sorry Jim,but if somebody questions the motives of Town supporters with regard to the split,we have every right to defend our integrity.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus