Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 25-November 17 )

• Photo
    carbs

• Photo
    AlexT

• Photo
    Boney Crisp

• Photo
    britwell

• Photo
    David Drewett

• Photo
    Blue Square Budgie

• Photo
    ebfc1

• Photo
    BBBG

Photo

Smoking ban in England!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
48 replies to this topic

offline morrisonsm

morrisonsm
  • First XI - Sub
Does anyone think smoking should be banned in public places, in England? Being a non-smoker, i think that it should be banned, for obvious health reasons.

http://www.scotiafootball.com/

offline Barry Scott

Barry Scott
  • First XI Coach
as a smoker I do too.

offline AFF

AFF
  • National Squad - 1st XI
I think that there should be places reserved on trains, restaurants, buses and such places for people who don't smoke. It used to be the case in the U.K. and I mourn its passing, quite frankly. I should make it quite clear that I don't consider that it is in any way anti-social to be a non-smoker and those who choose to abstain should not regard it as a stigma to sit in an area reserved for, and among, like-minded individuals.

offline Stu M

Stu M
What'll be interesting is how many people actually observe the law if it comes in. Can you see your average smoking chav putting out his fag when asked?

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
Yes, smoking should be banned in all public confined (i.e. indoor) places or where anyone works.

offline Big J R

Big J R
  • Vice-President
  • rank
  • Supports: Chelsea !!
  • Foes: NO-ONE !
  • Fav. Player(s): Any that don't dive and whinge !!
  • Fav. Sport(s): Naked Tiddly-Winks for over 70's.
I'm giving up smoking in public when ALL LORRIES, CARS AND BUSES USING FOSSIL FUEL ARE BANNED !!! I'm sick of inhaling their fumes !

(No ! I don't own a vehicle !)

offline morrisonsm

morrisonsm
  • First XI - Sub
Quote:
Big J R said:
I'm giving up smoking in public when ALL LORRIES, CARS AND BUSES USING FOSSIL FUEL ARE BANNED !!! I'm sick of inhaling their fumes !

So because vehicles pollute, that gives you the right to pollute as well and potentially kill people?

http://www.scotiafootball.com

offline Big J R

Big J R
  • Vice-President
  • rank
Quote:
morrisonsm said:
Quote:
Big J R said:

So because vehicles pollute, that gives you the right to pollute as well and potentially kill people?

Yup !

If I produced as much toxin by smoking as ONE CAR does when it drives past me, then I'll think about it.

Half the people who drive should find out what their legs are for !

offline Moo

Moo
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
The tests of secondhand smoke's effects on people were slightly twisted to get the results people were wanting to hear. It actually isn't nearly as dangerous as they say it is.

What chaps my butt is the people who want to sit and gripe about my smoke bothering them while I am breaking out in hives and my eyes are watering from having to deal with them wearing far too much cologne.. or the ones who want to bitch about how I am killing with my smoke and I know they are drunk and getting ready to get behind the wheel of a car to head out on the road.

offline morrisonsm

morrisonsm
  • First XI - Sub
Quote:
Moo said:
The tests of secondhand smoke's effects on people were slightly twisted to get the results people were wanting to hear. It actually isn't nearly as dangerous as they say it is.

What chaps my butt is the people who want to sit and gripe about my smoke bothering them while I am breaking out in hives and my eyes are watering from having to deal with them wearing far too much cologne.. or the ones who want to bitch about how I am killing with my smoke and I know they are drunk and getting ready to get behind the wheel of a car to head out on the road.

I have a degree and PhD in biology and i can guarantee that the effects second hand smoke have on people were not twisted! It is dangerous and it will kill.

offline Moo

Moo
Eventually, and perhaps over the period of years and years and years, but not as deadly as some want us to believe.

offline Big J R

Big J R
  • Vice-President
  • rank
Quote:
Moo said:
Eventually, and perhaps over the period of years and years and years, but not as deadly as some want us to believe.

I'll drink to that !

(P'raps not. That'll probably be bad for me as well.)

offline Jeffs

Jeffs
  • Trainee
A ban on smoking in pubs is wrong. They have allways been the place to go for a drink and a smoke, If you dont like it dont fekin go to a pub. What next ban drinking in pubs. ok drunken rant over!

offline morrisonsm

morrisonsm
  • First XI - Sub
Drinking in pubs doesn't directly affect other people, smoking does!!!

offline Moo

Moo
It does affect other people. When some man who has had too much to drink suddenly thinks he is the sexiest thing alive and that every woman there wants him, and sets out to prove it by forcefully chatting up every woman in the place. When some man has enough to make him think he is the strongest man in the world and that every man there has a vendetta against him and sets out to prove it. When someone has had far too much to drink and gets behind the wheel of a car to head home.. When someone has enough that he/she suddenly has to speak VERY LOUDLY and bray with laughter over every little thing, so that others can't enjoy conversation..

Most pubs who still allow smoking have at least one 'smoke eater' installed to pull the smoke from the air. At least here they do.

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
Some people may behave like that some of the time. They can be asked to desist or leave, as with any form of anti-social or thoughtless behaviour. Some people behave like that without the assistance of alcohol.

Smokers always stink.

offline Big J R

Big J R
  • Vice-President
  • rank
Quote:
The Invisible Man said:
Some people may behave like that some of the time. They can be asked to desist or leave, as with any form of anti-social or thoughtless behaviour. Some people behave like that without the assistance of alcohol.

Smokers always stink.

So do people who work down sewers, but I don't complain about them !

offline Moo

Moo
And so do people who rarely shower, but it is socially unacceptable to say anything to them about it. Why should smokers have to hear about it?

offline morrisonsm

morrisonsm
  • First XI - Sub
Quote:
Moo said:
And so do people who rarely shower, but it is socially unacceptable to say anything to them about it. Why should smokers have to hear about it?

All smokers produce secondary smoke, which affects people, but not all drinkers are aggressive to people. You can't seem to accept that smoking is dangerous, even all evidence points to that fact!

offline Big J R

Big J R
  • Vice-President
  • rank
In that case, the eating of Curry should be banned !

That'd cut down on unpleasant emissions, and loads more people would have to buy greenhouses !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus