Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Smoking ban in England!

I think that there should be places reserved on trains, restaurants, buses and such places for people who don't smoke. It used to be the case in the U.K. and I mourn its passing, quite frankly. I should make it quite clear that I don't consider that it is in any way anti-social to be a non-smoker and those who choose to abstain should not regard it as a stigma to sit in an area reserved for, and among, like-minded individuals.

I'm giving up smoking in public when ALL LORRIES, CARS AND BUSES USING FOSSIL FUEL ARE BANNED !!! I'm sick of inhaling their fumes !

(No ! I don't own a vehicle !)

Quote:
morrisonsm said:
Quote:
Big J R said:
I'm giving up smoking in public when ALL LORRIES, CARS AND BUSES USING FOSSIL FUEL ARE BANNED !!! I'm sick of inhaling their fumes !

(No ! I don't own a vehicle !)

So because vehicles pollute, that gives you the right to pollute as well and potentially kill people?

http://www.scotiafootball.com

Yup !

If I produced as much toxin by smoking as ONE CAR does when it drives past me, then I'll think about it.

Half the people who drive should find out what their legs are for !

The tests of secondhand smoke's effects on people were slightly twisted to get the results people were wanting to hear. It actually isn't nearly as dangerous as they say it is.

What chaps my butt is the people who want to sit and gripe about my smoke bothering them while I am breaking out in hives and my eyes are watering from having to deal with them wearing far too much cologne.. or the ones who want to bitch about how I am killing with my smoke and I know they are drunk and getting ready to get behind the wheel of a car to head out on the road.

Quote:
Moo said:
The tests of secondhand smoke's effects on people were slightly twisted to get the results people were wanting to hear. It actually isn't nearly as dangerous as they say it is.

What chaps my butt is the people who want to sit and gripe about my smoke bothering them while I am breaking out in hives and my eyes are watering from having to deal with them wearing far too much cologne.. or the ones who want to bitch about how I am killing with my smoke and I know they are drunk and getting ready to get behind the wheel of a car to head out on the road.

I have a degree and PhD in biology and i can guarantee that the effects second hand smoke have on people were not twisted! It is dangerous and it will kill.

http://www.scotiafootball.com

Quote:
Moo said:
Eventually, and perhaps over the period of years and years and years, but not as deadly as some want us to believe.

I'll drink to that !

(P'raps not. That'll probably be bad for me as well.)

It does affect other people. When some man who has had too much to drink suddenly thinks he is the sexiest thing alive and that every woman there wants him, and sets out to prove it by forcefully chatting up every woman in the place. When some man has enough to make him think he is the strongest man in the world and that every man there has a vendetta against him and sets out to prove it. When someone has had far too much to drink and gets behind the wheel of a car to head home.. When someone has enough that he/she suddenly has to speak VERY LOUDLY and bray with laughter over every little thing, so that others can't enjoy conversation..

Most pubs who still allow smoking have at least one 'smoke eater' installed to pull the smoke from the air. At least here they do.

Quote:
The Invisible Man said:
Some people may behave like that some of the time. They can be asked to desist or leave, as with any form of anti-social or thoughtless behaviour. Some people behave like that without the assistance of alcohol.

Smokers always stink.

So do people who work down sewers, but I don't complain about them !

Quote:
Moo said:
And so do people who rarely shower, but it is socially unacceptable to say anything to them about it. Why should smokers have to hear about it?

All smokers produce secondary smoke, which affects people, but not all drinkers are aggressive to people. You can't seem to accept that smoking is dangerous, even all evidence points to that fact!

http://www.scotiafootball.com/

In that case, the eating of Curry should be banned !

That'd cut down on unpleasant emissions, and loads more people would have to buy greenhouses !