Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-October 17 )

• Photo
    Springer

• Photo
    DAMO

Photo

Grays on TV

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
33 replies to this topic

offline richard sparkes

richard sparkes
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: canvey island, west ham and venables
  • Foes: concord,ricay,sarfend and spuds
  • Fav. Player(s): matt game,alan brett and michael bisping
  • Fav. Sport(s): mma,football
doubt it that cant afford the real gear,prob got it down grays market

offline Batty

Batty
  • Reserves
Will it be in colour!

offline Sharming Paula

Sharming Paula
  • Youth Team Coach
What the 'flea market'

offline Harry J Allstars

Harry J Allstars
  • National Squad - 1st XI
They can be on TV every week if they're going to lose as far as I'm concerned.

offline South Mouth

South Mouth
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
I cant believe this twit thinks that SKY like Grays more than Canvey. It's only coz you happen to be top at the moment. Sorry...WERE TOP!!! HA HA HA HA! They will be all over Exeter now that their top now mate.

You dont think they actually like going to the shittiest place in Essex. They actually want to keep their wallets and motors!

offline Taking the Mick

Taking the Mick
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
End of the day people Sky are clever in who they show, showed us versus Woking as it was the first time to get a glimpse at us, showed us against Accy as it was the record game and they are showing us against Mansfield as like you say looks like upset tie.

I am under no illusion why we are being shown and if Canvey's season had mirrored ours it would be you.

Our fan base has swollen since last yeat to 1700/1800 home fans (glory fans admit), yeah our away support is poor but then you see some of the big guns spouting off and they have only been bringing 150-200 fans to games.

offline canveyboy18

canveyboy18
  • rank
we have problems with our crowd, not the biggest, but when we only take 60-80 away the people who are there sound as good as 1000+

offline CIFCislander

CIFCislander
What we lack in numbers we make up in noise.

Ive noticed that too Stimmo's Army, some of these ex league clubs spout off how much they take away but when it comes to it, alot of the time thier 200-300 off the mark.

As for the hangers on, we've had our fair shair in our time.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
We will see how many Cambridge bring on Saturday, there was talk of 5-700 at the start of the season. Very few of the supposed "big teams" have lived up to their boasts of massive away followings in fact the ones who impressed me most was Accrington`s attendance on a Tuesday night.

offline Taking the Mick

Taking the Mick
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Yeah thats football when your winning your everyones Favourites when you lose no one wants to know.

Looking forward to the Crimbo period to relight our battles, form book does go out the window for this one I think its going to be heated.

offline Taking the Mick

Taking the Mick
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Quote:
ronin said:
We will see how many Cambridge bring on Saturday, there was talk of 5-700 at the start of the season. Very few of the supposed "big teams" have lived up to their boasts of massive away followings in fact the ones who impressed me most was Accrington`s attendance on a Tuesday night.

Yeah they talked it up against us but didnt live up to it.

Exeter last year promised 1000 came up with 200, thats just an example of the "big guns" living a lie

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
Quote:
STIMMOs-ARMY said:
End of the day people Sky are clever in who they show, showed us versus Woking as it was the first time to get a glimpse at us, showed us against Accy as it was the record game and they are showing us against Mansfield as like you say looks like upset tie.

I am under no illusion why we are being shown and if Canvey's season had mirrored ours it would be you.

Our fan base has swollen since last yeat to 1700/1800 home fans (glory fans admit), yeah our away support is poor but then you see some of the big guns spouting off and they have only been bringing 150-200 fans to games.

Can't really disagree with that. To be honest, I think you have the best chance of causing an upset. However, what I'd prefer to happen is that you draw at their place, get drawn away to Man Utd in the 3rd Round, and then lose the replay at your place!

offline canveyboy18

canveyboy18
  • rank
yeh it will be a good game (or two) as you say anything can happen!!

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Quote:
The Great Eckscape said:
Quote:
STIMMOs-ARMY said:

However, what I'd prefer to happen is that you draw at their place, get drawn away to Man Utd in the 3rd Round, and then lose the replay at your place!

Just like what happened to Southend a few seasons ago when a loss at Scarborough denied them the opportunity of playing Chelsea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus