Jump to content

Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 11-December 17 )

  • Photo
    Kel

    Age: 57

  • Photo
    Daz P

    Age: 42

  • Photo
    Will Graham

    Age: 32

  • Photo
    Gabriel Phelps

    Age: 44


Photo

Enfield v Ashford Middx Cup

- - - - -

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
regular view basic view
25 replies to this topic

#1
offline Enfield Horn

Enfield Horn
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
    Offline
  • Posts: 781
  • Joined: 7 Nov 2005
Enfield won 9-8 (8-7 on penalties). The E's scored in extr <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" />a time only to give Ashford a penalty to send the tie into extra time.

#2
offline Enfield Horn

Enfield Horn
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
    Offline
  • Posts: 781
  • Joined: 7 Nov 2005
sorry i mean send the tie into a penalty shoot out

#3
offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
    Offline
  • Posts: 2,678
  • Joined: 27 Apr 2005
Well at least you can score from the spot.
Who do you have in the next round ?
How can you play in a Middx Cup when you are based way out there in Hertfordshire ? <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/boxing.gif" alt="" />

#4
offline Ponders Ender

Ponders Ender
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
    Offline
  • Posts: 362
  • Joined: 9 Feb 2005
1-1 A E T. 0-0 90 mins. A game with very few chances at either end with with ashford having slightly the better by way of half chances. We were a bit lightweight up front as still no Jeff Hammond and Danny Clarke reported in ill. pretty much the same in the First half of extra time. 1st min of 1st period Ashford hit the post and in the same incident miss a sitter blazing over an open goal from two yards, On 108 mins a fine run by lee allinson and a good cross eluded everyone exept Nick Turner who crept in at the back post to ram Es in front. Ashford levelled on 116 mins a misskick by nick Turner presented an ashford forward with a 1 on 1 with nick christofi who felled the ashford forward and they put the penalty away . So a penalty shootout to decide who progresses.

Ashford 1-0 <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif" alt="" /> ..Owen Beale 1-1 <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif" alt="" />
Ashford 2-1 <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif" alt="" /> .. Michael spencer 2-2 <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif" alt="" />
Ashford 3-2 <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif" alt="" /> .. Lee Allinson hits the post 3-2 <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif" alt="" />
Ashford 4-2 <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif" alt="" /> .. Nick Turner scores 4-3 <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif" alt="" />
Christofi saves <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif" alt="" /> 4-3 .. Kevin kilroy 4-4 <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif" alt="" />
Ashford score 5-4.. <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif" alt="" /> .. Sid Nelson 5-5 <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif" alt="" />
Ashford score 6-5 <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif" alt="" />.. Paul Oshin 6-6 <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" />
Ashford 7-6 <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif" alt="" /> Sammy Judge 7-7 <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif" alt="" />
Christofi saves 7-7 <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/bow.gif" alt="" /> Sherwin stanley scores 7-8 <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/bow.gif" alt="" />

#5
offline Ponders Ender

Ponders Ender
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
    Offline
  • Posts: 362
  • Joined: 9 Feb 2005
Quote:
OldTowner said:

How can you play in a Middx Cup when you are based way out there in Hertfordshire ? <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/boxing.gif" alt="" />
Well who knows old timer . Probably the same reason a middlesex club played in the essex senior league for 4 years I guess. <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/bootyshake.gif" alt="" />

#6
offline Glamour Puss

Glamour Puss
  • Reserves
    Offline
  • Posts: 54
  • Joined: 8 Nov 2005
Quote:
OldTowner said:
Well at least you can score from the spot.
Who do you have in the next round ?
How can you play in a Middx Cup when you are based way out there in Hertfordshire ? <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/boxing.gif" alt="" />
WHY DONT YOU ASK POTTERS BAR THE SAME QUESTION

#7
offline syrup

syrup
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
    Offline
  • Posts: 673
  • Joined: 14 Sep 2001
  • Twitter
sid nelson was not playing last night and was standing next to ne when the pens were being taken come on p.e you should know who was in midfield <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif" alt="" />

#8
offline Diver1830

Diver1830
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
    Offline
  • Posts: 227
  • Joined: 6 May 2005
Oi dont bring us into your Domestics.
They always ask us to play in the Middx cup cos they know they'll get good football, played the way it should be, and enhance the status of the competition.
Even more so now we've won four trophies in one season and have luxurious facilities and a knowledgable football loving, wise crowd

#9
offline Arkwright

Arkwright
  • First XI - Permanent
    Offline
  • Posts: 2,971
  • Joined: 12 Sep 2002
Quote:
Ponders Ender said:
1-1 A E T. 0-0 90 mins. A game with very few chances at either end with with ashford having slightly the better by way of half chances.




Apart from Ashford hitting the post three times....

#10
offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
    Offline
  • Posts: 9,979
  • Joined: 5 Dec 2001
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
Quote:
Ponders Ender said:
Quote:
OldTowner said:

How can you play in a Middx Cup when you are based way out there in Hertfordshire ? <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/boxing.gif" alt="" />
Well who knows old timer . Probably the same reason a middlesex club played in the essex senior league for 4 years I guess. <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/bootyshake.gif" alt="" />


Good response. I like that one!

#11
offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
    Offline
  • Posts: 5,567
  • Joined: 7 Dec 2002
Att: 48

Hows that rank with EFC's lowest attendence ever for a competetive home match?

I remember going to a EFC cup game a few seasons a go at boreham Wood.Can't remember who you played (won 5-3 i think).I'm sure that was the previous lowest attendence.About 40-ish i think.

#12
offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
    Offline
  • Posts: 9,979
  • Joined: 5 Dec 2001
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
beats the 8 who recently paid to watch an Eton Manor game!!

#13
offline Ponders Ender

Ponders Ender
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
    Offline
  • Posts: 362
  • Joined: 9 Feb 2005
Quote:
syrup said:
sid nelson was not playing last night and was standing next to ne when the pens were being taken come on p.e you should know who was in midfield <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif" alt="" />
How about somebody giving me a copy of a team sheet then mr syrup then the odd blooper may be avoidable. Our team changes so much i find it difficult to keep up. was it richard worrall ?

#14
offline Ponders Ender

Ponders Ender
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
    Offline
  • Posts: 362
  • Joined: 9 Feb 2005
Quote:
lovely stuff said:
Att: 48

Hows that rank with EFC's lowest attendence ever for a competetive home match?

I remember going to a EFC cup game a few seasons a go at boreham Wood.Can't remember who you played (won 5-3 i think).I'm sure that was the previous lowest attendence.About 40-ish i think.
A proper mind of info arent you. Who was it against that you had 70 odd against last season ? in a similar competition. Harrow , Hampton , hendon ? some one like that . But unlike you i dont make an issue of such matters but then again some people have nothing to do with their sad little lives i suppose.

#15
offline Ponders Ender

Ponders Ender
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
    Offline
  • Posts: 362
  • Joined: 9 Feb 2005
Quote:
Arkwright said:
Quote:
Ponders Ender said:
1-1 A E T. 0-0 90 mins. A game with very few chances at either end with with ashford having slightly the better by way of half chances.




Apart from Ashford hitting the post three times....
Oh well they must have hit the post twice when i went for a piss then , Thanks for telling me <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/doah.gif" alt="" />

#16
offline Arkwright

Arkwright
  • First XI - Permanent
    Offline
  • Posts: 2,971
  • Joined: 12 Sep 2002
Quote:
Ponders Ender said:
Quote:
Arkwright said:
Quote:
Ponders Ender said:
1-1 A E T. 0-0 90 mins. A game with very few chances at either end with with ashford having slightly the better by way of half chances.






Apart from Ashford hitting the post three times....
Oh well they must have hit the post twice when i went for a piss then , Thanks for telling me <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/doah.gif" alt="" />


No prob. Enjoyed the game but not the cold!.

#17
offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
    Offline
  • Posts: 2,678
  • Joined: 27 Apr 2005
Quote:
Ponders Ender said:
Quote:
OldTowner said:

How can you play in a Middx Cup when you are based way out there in Hertfordshire ? <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/boxing.gif" alt="" />
Well who knows old timer . Probably the same reason a middlesex club played in the essex senior league for 4 years I guess. <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/bootyshake.gif" alt="" />


Ah Yes...but Town did not play in the Essex County Cup. <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/boxing.gif" alt="" />

#18
offline Man From Mars

Man From Mars
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
    Offline
  • Posts: 773
  • Joined: 26 Sep 2005
  • Location: Caledonian Road N1
  • Supports: The E's
  • Foes: The Cliquey Clan
  • Fav. Player(s): Anyone who scores against the cliquey Townies
No but you did compete in the essex senior LEAGUE cup <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/whistling.gif" alt="" />

#19
offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
    Offline
  • Posts: 2,678
  • Joined: 27 Apr 2005
Quote:
Man From Mars said:
No but you did compete in the essex senior LEAGUE cup <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/whistling.gif" alt="" />


Der ! ......
That's because we were in THE LEAGUE ! <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/boxing.gif" alt="" />

#20
offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
    Offline
  • Posts: 5,567
  • Joined: 7 Dec 2002
Quote:
Ponders Ender said:
Quote:
lovely stuff said:
Att: 48

Hows that rank with EFC's lowest attendence ever for a competetive home match?

I remember going to a EFC cup game a few seasons a go at boreham Wood.Can't remember who you played (won 5-3 i think).I'm sure that was the previous lowest attendence.About 40-ish i think.
A proper mind of info arent you. Who was it against that you had 70 odd against last season ? in a similar competition. Harrow , Hampton , hendon ? some one like that . But unlike you i dont make an issue of such matters but then again some people have nothing to do with their sad little lives i suppose.


Not trying to be sarcastic.Genuinely interested.

Do you have a stats man.Are EFC curerently in possesion of stats and records from the past.Again a genuine question,not a dig.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus