Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gravesend game now on a Friday night

Staying-up

If I wait here long enough someone might actually sit down and read something I've written, rather than glancing over it and steaming off on there high horse.

Are we all listening? Okay, I will begin...

My original quote was that it

Quote:
The Great Eckscape said:

all depends how dedicated you are.

That isn't saying that people can't be dedicated, it implies that there are different levels of dedication.

You've decided to go to Uni and that's great, but all that shows is that you are now more dedicated to your education than to the football. That's your choice, and as I said previously in response

Quote:
The Great Eckscape said:

In this case, you have had to dedicate yourself to work which is fair enough.

I also said

Quote:
The Great Eckscape said:

Your job is higher in your list of priorities than CIFC, don't have a go just cos mine isn't.

See, all I was saying is that if you are dedicated

Quote:
The Great Eckscape said:

The definition of dedication (yes I looked it up!!) is "commit oneself of one's time wholly to a special purpose or cause."

then you will be at the game. IF you have to be somewhere else then there's nothing wrong with that, just accept this was your decision and get on with it. If you are dedicated to work, family, uni etc then that is your choice, but my simple comment has just shown how insecure you all must be! If you started having a pop because I took a day of work to watch football I couldn’t care less, why you have all reacted as if I’m saying to you that you’re not a fan I have no idea. Saying that, if there was an illness/accident scenario then I would miss the game if needs be, but I wouldn't feel the need to defend myself like you lot are.

Nah, fair do's mate. Sorry if i have offended you in any way. Wasn't intended.

I think it all happened because sometimes on here it can be a little hard to remember how things got started and the such. I suppose looking at all those threads made me think you were having a go when maybe it was just an off the cuff statement. I dont think i had a go but i wanted to say my piece on the matter, which i think is fair.

Dont take any of this the wrong way mate, especially from me. To be honest, i just wanted to know where you were coming from because the comment was made and then it was a little confusing (maybe with everyone's reactions to it) as to what the point of the comment was. I started and then just rambled for ages about it, probably coz i didn't want to be labelled as not dedicated. Stupid really. There was in the end, no malice in your comment and none in my reply.

Sorry matey and lets get back to the footie.

Brilliant thread boys.

It depends what you have going on in your lives. Luckily I don't work on Saturdays and in the civil service you can do flexible hours which helps greatly with midweek games.

I don't have a mortgage to pay, I don't drive and currently I'm not in a relationship. Although I go to most games I do still find the time to go out with my mates and spend time with my family (helps that my dad goes regularly!!). I've often missed away games if they are a long distance so I can see my friends of a Saturday night. This season I've managed to get to nearly every game as it's suited what's going on in my life. Alot of my friends have other things going on in their lives so if they're not around on a Saturday night I might as well go to the football.

As I mentioned on another thread a friend of mine doesn't go to watch their team as much as they no longer live in the area and the fact that they now own their own property and have a mortgage to pay means that any overtime going at work is snapped up immediately!!

I don't consider her less of a fan because she doesn't go as much.

I missed the Southend v Canvey match two years ago because I was in Barcelona that weekend. I was gutted but I wouldn't have missed the opportunity of going to such a great city for the world.

Quote:
ken said:
if someone quits a good job (which im assuming Rabbit has) because they miss a few games of football then they are the saddest bastards in the world. only a child could say somethinglike that. i agree with the work to live sentiment but if 22 men playing a game is the most important thing in your life, then you really need to get out more.

I haven't and wouldn't quit a job for football. I'm in a really very good position at work at the moment and I wouldn't throw that away for football and a Monday - Friday job that didn't have the same prospects or privileges. I don't live to work, but I have to pay the rent and bills. At the same time, I enjoy my job - although I'd still rather be watching football, but they're two completely seperate entities and uncomparable.

I don't see myself as any more or less dedicated to the cause than anyone else. If I have other priorites, that's just the way it goes, most people do.