Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-August 17 )

• Photo
    joshtheeagle

• Photo
    Sprout

• Photo
    blahblah

• Photo
    AllowIT

• Photo
    woodywoods

• Photo
    dave_c

• Photo
    all seeing eye

• Photo
    twobags

• Photo
    moleskin

Photo

Unlucky Canvey?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
31 replies to this topic

offline Joe White

Joe White
  • Reserves
I don't come on this site professing to have all the answers to our problems, but could I just make the following comments regarding Saturday's game.

Strikers- Did as well as could be expected with little or no service from midfield.

Midfield- Poor, maybe we need some changes here. Minton in particular seems past his sell by date.

Goal- Good, but what can you expect when you are continually exposed as Danny was.

Defence- Do we have one??

Thought that we were particularly bad in the first half, didn't have too much luck in the first part of the second half (goal excepted) and just got kicked to death in the final part of the match.

On a destructive rather than constructive note, I spent last week reading how we are a small part time club, how we need more supporters, we need a new ground etc,etc. Well Tamworth are part time I believe (please correct me if I am wrong) they were away from home and bottom of the league. So what was our excuse this time? As I say this is a deliberate DESTRUCTIVE comment and I offer no constructive ideas, it's just how I feel after a week of excuses.

I know that we have come a long way in ten years, but it would be nice to see a little of the old Canvey fight in our Conference games. Remember our come back against Dover, I just cannot see that happening today.

Sorry, I'll never stop supporting the Gulls whatever division the are in, but let's show a bit of fight lads!!

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
Quote:
Joe White said:
Midfield- Poor, maybe we need some changes here. Minton in particular seems past his sell by date.

Minton was poor, but against FGR he was Man of the Match. I found this strange as these were similar opposition, but he just didn't do the job against Tamworth.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
For Canvey to play well we need most of the team to play to the best of their abilities, if more than a couple are below par we just aren`t going to get a result. Unfortunately on saturday we had 4/5 players who didn`t seem up for the game and that cost us.

The only positive thing from our performance was that we didn`t give up and i don`t think Tamworth could have moaned if we had equalised and taken a point.

offline canveyboy18

canveyboy18
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • rank
i think you are right ronin

offline Reisaldinho

Reisaldinho
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
i cant belive that ibe didnt even get on let alone start he is big difference when he plays up front for us

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
but who are you going to take off, Boylan or Tate. with the amount Tate is scoring i dont see how you could take him off,

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
Play Lee and Kezie up front with Tait supporting them

offline yellow angel

yellow angel
Quote:
The Great Eckscape said:
Play Lee and Kezie up front with Tait supporting them

with you there,i too would like to see Tait as an attacking midfielder.think that he can do the job that Ollie used to do for us.
and what with Jason to come off the bench if needed,it makes us look a strong side going forward.

offline Yellow Bungle

Yellow Bungle
  • First XI - Sub
Sounds good to me.

offline canveyboy18

canveyboy18
  • rank
i think thats how we should play them, lots of goals on paper!!

offline mr c gull

mr c gull
  • Reserves
as i said on a previous thread boylan and ibe with tait coming from behind,with jason coming on for the later stages.

offline charles

charles
  • Reserves
I think we should put the 2 up front who play well together.Boylan and Tate seem to have a good understanding their body language says it all. How about Ibe in centre midfield , Jason coming on for any of those positons?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus