Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Unlucky Canvey?

Merv

I don't come on this site professing to have all the answers to our problems, but could I just make the following comments regarding Saturday's game.

Strikers- Did as well as could be expected with little or no service from midfield.

Midfield- Poor, maybe we need some changes here. Minton in particular seems past his sell by date.

Goal- Good, but what can you expect when you are continually exposed as Danny was.

Defence- Do we have one??

Thought that we were particularly bad in the first half, didn't have too much luck in the first part of the second half (goal excepted) and just got kicked to death in the final part of the match.

On a destructive rather than constructive note, I spent last week reading how we are a small part time club, how we need more supporters, we need a new ground etc,etc. Well Tamworth are part time I believe (please correct me if I am wrong) they were away from home and bottom of the league. So what was our excuse this time? As I say this is a deliberate DESTRUCTIVE comment and I offer no constructive ideas, it's just how I feel after a week of excuses.

I know that we have come a long way in ten years, but it would be nice to see a little of the old Canvey fight in our Conference games. Remember our come back against Dover, I just cannot see that happening today.

Sorry, I'll never stop supporting the Gulls whatever division the are in, but let's show a bit of fight lads!!

Quote:
Joe White said:
Midfield- Poor, maybe we need some changes here. Minton in particular seems past his sell by date.

Minton was poor, but against FGR he was Man of the Match. I found this strange as these were similar opposition, but he just didn't do the job against Tamworth.

For Canvey to play well we need most of the team to play to the best of their abilities, if more than a couple are below par we just aren`t going to get a result. Unfortunately on saturday we had 4/5 players who didn`t seem up for the game and that cost us.

The only positive thing from our performance was that we didn`t give up and i don`t think Tamworth could have moaned if we had equalised and taken a point.

Quote:
The Great Eckscape said:
Play Lee and Kezie up front with Tait supporting them

with you there,i too would like to see Tait as an attacking midfielder.think that he can do the job that Ollie used to do for us.
and what with Jason to come off the bench if needed,it makes us look a strong side going forward.