Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bloody Disgraceful Supporter

Phil Old Boy

Thought you were absolutely spot on with your Email Leo.

The conversation between fan and Danny was roughly how I heard it. The fan at no time swore at either Chenners nor Danny. The only bit missing from your conversation was when Dany called the fan an "inbred" and he shouted back "oh yeah - and where do you come from?" - and that was it.

A concern that I do have is when the club try and recruit new players - if they speak to the existing players they may not get a glowing reference of the club......

Do agree we need to move on - and as for Billericay - well bolox to them and what they think.

Quote:
Leo said:
Absolutely but I felt it prudent that what happened be told exactly as it was.

People were all judging the old guy on what they thought happened, perhaps now that the truth has been told that really can be the end of it.

Well that certainly puts my post into a good light! I felt strongly enough to start a thread up about this and I stand by what I heard. Not going to argue with a blow by blow account on exactly what was said, but he was swearing.

Yes, you can shout at a match but this guy’s slagging off was just incessant and enough for Danny to react the way he did. Have you ever seen that before when one of your players does that? It wasn’t for nothing and I’m sure he has heard and had to deal with some comments on the pitch before.

To be honest, the moaning this guy was doing was one of those people that aren’t happy unless they are moaning, if you know what I mean. In wasn’t great what we had to endure in that first half, but that kind of contribution ain’t certainly going to help.
You had the YA doing their stuff down the side and this guy singling out players and bringing them down again, what an own goal!

I was also very close to this supporter on Saturday when the incident "all went off" and heard it almost word for word as Leo has written it.

I have to say also that the supporter most definately DID NOT swear and if he had been effing and blinding, with my 12 year old daughter with me at the game, I would certainly have said something to him I can assure you of that. As Leo said, his comment was "Rubbish Chenery", albeit in a very loud voice. Why Danny chose to get so irate with this guy, I do not know but show me somebody who says they never shouted out "Rubbish" at their team, a certain player etc. when something has gone wrong, move broken down, misplaced pass etc. and I will show you somebody who has either not watched much football in their time or somebody who is shall we say "economical with the truth".

Why don't we now put this matter to rest and look forward to the Cambridge United game coming up next Saturday?

I was talking to somebody at work who knows Scott Forbes, one of our former players and was reminded of the time I went off on one at him.

I think it was against Maidenhead, we were 2-1 down at the time and Forbes tried to do one of his trademark tricks that failed to come off, Maidenhead went up the other end and nearly scored.

I was so frustrated, I lost it big time and called Forbes all the names under the sun, ending with the comment "why don't you f..k off back to Southend". I regretted it 5 minutes later but I was so caught up in the passion of the game and frustration got the better of me.

Luckily Forbesy didn't hear me but it goes to prove we all do it at some stage in our supporting lives!!

Its true sometimes when we are really wrapped up in a game we say the first thing that enters our head! sometimes its good and other times its bad.We all want our team to win , and when our players make mistakes it does wind you up and we shout things to show our frustrasion and 9 times out of 10 we dont really mean it!

Quote:
Canvey_girl said:
Its true sometimes when we are really wrapped up in a game we say the first thing that enters our head! sometimes its good and other times its bad.We all want our team to win , and when our players make mistakes it does wind you up and we shout things to show our frustrasion and 9 times out of 10 we dont really mean it!

i'm with you there canvey girl,but my perception has been that there are 2 maybe 3 men who regurlarly have a dig at chenners.now sometimes it's justified (maybe) but it just seems to me that they have a down on the guy.although i admit i have never heard them swear.
as for Dan's reaction,it does seem out of character.but the mans a human being,sometimes we all over react.
anyways i think we should be looking forward to the next game, and support whoever is representing the club.