Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Congrats Billericay And A Warning

Thanks for the encouragment. My posts may be a touch over the top. You all discounted the Fleet too early though. Someone had to say something to remind you that the Fleet are involved too. I wont post until after the match now. And I KNOW Gravesend will win. Looking forward to then.<P>Carjam<BR>from TGOE

Not more than a few weeks ago, we put some predictions together for our game at Gravesend. One of our lot predicted a 4-1 Chesham victory on our messageboard, 'Stonebridge Sid' laughed off such predictions, guess what happened next??<P>You know predicting results are a hiding to nothing. Much like 'larging it' against Essex teams, when about 90% of the messages on this board come from Essex fans. It's either very brave or just plain dumb.<P>I know both Gravesend and Billericay are no mugs. But you both have roughly the same outside chance of winning this league as Chesham (don't laugh, if you can make outrageous predictions, then so can I and of the bunch of all of us in this board I was one of the the last people to see my team win this league), but Canvey and Aldershot are still the favourites.<P>I hope you enjoy your game, my whole day is a war of attrition, this poor sod has to traverse from Wycombe (work there and hate the place) accross the M25 (which I hate) to Grays (a ground that I, er, hate), happy days!<P>I hope the pitch is ok and we don't **** it up, this is too likely to turn into a<BR>nightmare journey. But that's what they said about going to Gravesend smile.gif" border="0

I vote for 1! let's stay and have fun!<BR> tongue.gif" border="0 <P>Per-Helge <A HREF="http://www.billericay.org" TARGET=_blank>www.billericay.org</A> <BR>(Nesodden, Norway)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Merv CIFC:<BR><STRONG><BR>Shall we run a vote on that one?<P>Merv CIFC</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay Carjam, I'm here after a couple of days sick.<P>First off. Only knock, when you beat us.<BR>Second. I think being top has gone to your head. Aldershot are still firm favorites for promotion. Aldershot / Billericay games are always tight and I could've predicted 1-1.<BR>Thirdly. Only the sad ones at Billericay stoop to insults. I don't.<BR>Fourth. KK is back on Tuesday. Believe that men can fly. He has been banned for three games and I believe very hungry to score goals. Billericay haven't played well in the past couple of weeks and at Aldershot turned the corner (hopefully). I think it will be a draw personally but I do hope we beat you just so you can choke on your earlier words.... but we'll wait and see.

So you would think that going 1-0 up was due to a totally negative attitude?<P>And the penalty... funny how falling over your own feet can invoke a missed penalty grump. You do know, if he kept on his feet he would've scored!!!<P>Still, I can say the same about KK at Basingstoke. If he'd stayed on his feet, he would've scored. Some players never learn.

Yes. I thought you were negative in the 1st half and got a breakaway goal when our right back had gone on the attack. It was a good goal though.<P>I suspect the defensive outlook was prompted by your recent results and the fact it was Aldershot. Do you honestly play that defensive on other away games ?<P>I was talking about the penalty appeal in the 2nd half, not first, where your keeper first tried to obstruct the player from getting to the ball and then grabbed him (on the shirt) with two hands when he ran round him.

No we are not that negative and it was born out of the result on Tuesday. <P>We attacked Kingstonian but certain players were on there in body and spirit so got caught out.<P>Anyway, from what people say about our performances at Aldershot we always take on a "We'll fight in trenches" attitude. <BR>The same way we always seem to go for your "throat" when we play you at New Lodge.<P>Still, I enjoyed the day better than the Tuesday evening.

It was a typical 'Shots v Billericay game but the edge went out of the game in the second half and to be honest, on that performance, Aldershot didn't impress in the second half.<P>You had us on the back foot for most of the first half and were quite unlucky to go one or two ahead. Then a typical break a way goal from us, 1-0. As you know, the 'shots pulled one back before half time and that was the game.<P>In the second half it just went dead. We had a couple of breaks but were so defensive we had no one up to finish, which was a shame.<P>As for the ground, a bit old but the pitch looked all right. Beer was typical and the supporters I did meet in the bar were friendly and chatty. Pasties were quite nice as well but nothing to beat the "Fleet" burger, I'm afraid.<P>Got there really early and went for a drink in the "Crimea". Is that the name. A bit of a mistake that one as I was there with my mate and we were hiding all Billericay clothing and caps so we could be left in peace. We survived.<P>Overall, not a bad afternoon. I hope we've turned the corner.

Lucky Ricky. How they survived the 1st half. 2 shots off the line, some incredible misses, the bar, the post, the keeper...scored with virtually their only attempt on goal.<P>Admitedly shots were less impressive in the 2nd half and struggled to break down the 9 man defence, though they had a cast iron penalty turned down. <P>Ricky are the most negative team I have ever seen play here. It looked very much from the outset they were only after the point, and only seemed to play with two wingers in attack. A victory for negative play.<P>It is also another reason I think the Shots will need to be 2 to 3 times better than other title contenders to go up. You only had to look at the Ricky supporters and players to realise how important a point at the Rec is to them. Celebrations like they had won a cup final.<P>It's not unusual as many other teams see Shots as 'the big team' and try extra hard at home with the boosted crowd and then set out to draw at Shots ( Ricky are supposed to be a title challenging side, yet never looked to try to win, which I suspect they do in other away matches.<P>Gravesend did try to win here (and did so deservedly against an underpar Shots display) and are definetly genuine contenders and being not so well fancied may well win the title due to the expectations on Canvey and Shots.<BR> cool.gif" border="0

Hmmmmmmm, I didn't think we were as negative as Braintree.<P>We didn't have players discussing who should take the throw in (three of them at one point) and the goal keeper refusing to collect the ball when it went out for a goal kick!!!<P>This charge was also made by certain supporters of Kingstonian when I was there.<P>What I did saw on the NLOTN was your team had a game plan and stuck by it and after being caned 4-0 by Aldershot I could understand it. What I got wound up about was the time wasting. <P>But still, it is in the past. I can't charge your team for negative playing if you beat a team 4-0 now can I?