Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-August 17 )

• Photo
    joshtheeagle

• Photo
    Sprout

• Photo
    blahblah

• Photo
    AllowIT

• Photo
    woodywoods

• Photo
    dave_c

• Photo
    all seeing eye

• Photo
    twobags

• Photo
    moleskin

History?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
56 replies to this topic

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
I'm not sure it could work like that. Say after 5 years one of the two clubs is at level 2 with an average gate of 1000+, while the other is still at level 4. Or, the likelihood of one club effectively sharing the bar takings benefit of a good cup run. You couldn't write or sell to potential backers a business plan based on that approach.

One club has to be in the lead for paying business rates, insurances, etc.

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
I don't think Town would be happy with shared bar receits.Shared income through parties and functions,yes.

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
And shared losses?

Sorry, I don't think it works.

The council may or may not grant some from of Lease to a football club for any new/improved facilities that become available. That club may in turn agree to sub-let use of that space to another club. But there has to be a heirachy, with the Council's tenant taking the risk of default, etc. by its sub-lessee. and the Council not being put in a position of being unable to recover possession, etc. etc.

I suppose the way it might work is if the council actively ran the facility. But that doesn't really bring any financial benefit to the individual clubs concerned.

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Then would it be worth doing.No club without a big money backer OR bar receits can make it to conference standard.Both clubs (or one merged club) needs 100% of bar receits and function/ party income in order to regain conference status.

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
Exactly, LS, my original point.

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
To me this thread suggests a change of attitude, evidenced by the lack of animosity that its been conducted with. Blade's point above is well made:

'Steve and co and Dave and co and L B of enfield have a lot to discuss in the coming year ,they are the people that matter we should let them get on with it for the time being'.

but doesn't explain how supporters of both clubs can/will influence the outcome. ETFC's constitution helps here - but how will that work at EFC?

offline Southport - TOWNER

Southport - TOWNER
  • Supports: TOWNERS
  • Facebook
The ETFC constitution is very clear about ow to raise issues, plus most board members are accessable; can't speakfor how other clubs operate

offline BladeRunner

BladeRunner
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Supports: Sheffield United, Enfield ,
  • Foes: Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds Utd, Townies.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket . Darts , Crown Green
All of our board members are approachable and answer questions as best as they can. They dont hide or evade questions like the previous board . A perfectly legitamate question is always responded to.

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
this is not true.enfield attendences are getting better all the time and it seems to be that town's attendances are going down.Enfield are on the way back up now and i just cannot see enfield town going up this season or the next. Enfield town is a railway station.

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Enfield FC's average attendence has only gone up because we brought 400 supporteres to your home game against us recently.Even with the 500+ against Town ,EFC average only 140.Town average 306.Take a look at the league table to see where the two clubs are heading.

I can never see EFC averaging more than 150 whilst they play in Hertfordshire.Unless the groundshare or a merger come off,EFC have little long term future,and it gives me no pleasure to say that.

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
L.S.

Agreed

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
what happens to enfield fc this season will probably show our future,but we have a fully dedicated board now who are trying there best to improve enfield

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
Do you mean 'their'?

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
typo

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
hehe

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
tehe

offline MbrunoB

MbrunoB
  • Supports: ETFC, ETLFC, ARSENAL, YB SK Beveren & The Wonderful World of MOD
  • Foes: SCUMMERS you know who you are!!
  • Fav. Player(s): Dennis Bergkamp + Claire Gooch ;-)
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Speedway & Darts
  • Twitter
I was at Rushden & Diamonds this sunday and outside the changing rooms at the sports centre behind the stadium they have a lot of pictures of their players from the past.
It brought back a lot of memories when I spotted pictures of former Enfield players including Paul Underwood, Al James Hannigan and my all time favourite Darren Collins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus